Royal Mail

GypsyScy

If you want speed from this backwater, and/or full cover for higher value goods, any service of course requires arms legs and kidneys.

Well no it doesn't, that's the point, it costs the same here as it does ANYWHERE else in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Mann.

I have been lucky enough recently for most of the folk I deal with to understand that Royal Mail is cheaper and quicker than anyone else. They have a service obligation, which they more than fulfill.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want speed from this backwater, and/or full cover for higher value goods, any service of course requires arms legs and kidneys.

Well no it doesn't, that's the point, it costs the same here as it does ANYWHERE else in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Mann.

Hmm, can't say I agree....

For items sent from KW15-17,ZE, HS, PA20-75 and PH33-50 deliveries will take one additional day, to that specified below, on all services to all destinations.

Now, unless I've missed something in that quote, when someone in Shetland, by way of example, buys Parcel Force 3 Kg to London using their 24 hour service at a cost of £17.50 which includes £100 insurance, what they actually get is the 48 hour service delivery guarantee with the £100 insurance level of the 24 hour service.

However, items sent from any UK postcode not on the above list, if they accept the £50 maximum insurance limit of the 48 hour service, can obtain exactly the same 48 hour delivery guarantee to London for a 3 Kg parcel as we get using the 24 hour service, for only £12.50.

I give up, I only use the royal mail everyday, monday to friday, in Lerwick. Most items arrive within 24hrs of posting, whether sent 1st Class, Nextday or Parcel48.

Items coming up again are a little slower, and to go north or west add 1 to 2 days extra. But Lerwick still gets nextday deliveries. I often get stuff sent to my work for that very reason.

Guest Anonymous
Why lie !!!!!!! Beggers belief !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not all untruths are lies. Some are mistakes and misunderstandings.

No mistakes or misunderstandings on my part, it was me who had to pay the extra as was told that there was no Parcel 48 parcels allowed while the post strike was on........

Guest Anonymous
im sure they were just trying to help. they have always been friendly and helpful to us.

Well it happened, whether it.was crossed wires or misunderstanding......it was me who had to pay the extra money, which is no joke.....parcel sent though........end of story

• 1 month later...

Mail in Lerwick now delivered just once per day, and a day late too boot.

Apparently been complaints from people that they do not like opening their doors in the dark so the post office is now only delivering in the daylight hours.

(*** Mod _ merged ***)