Edinburgh airport hotels

daveh

Are there any decent, but not ridiculously expensive, hotels close to Edinburgh airport?

I know of the Quality and Marriott hotels but they are expensive and the Marriott is not that close to the airport. I am aware of the newly-opened Travelodge but had recent problems with them in Edinburgh and have just got a refund back from them but I am loathe to use them again.

Thanks.

I agree about the excellent city bus but sometimes you need to catch an early morning flight out of Edinburgh airport and, with the time taken to check-in and go through security, I would hate there to be a traffic problem that delays the bus getting us back to the airport from the city. For an early flight, I would always be more comfortable being close to the airport to start with.

If you do consider staying more central and getting the bus, it might be worth your while staying on the airport side of the city centre to avoid all the tramworks nonsense going on. It's a fairly clear run from Haymarket out to the airport, there is a bus lane the whole way barring a short section at Corstorphine where you might get stuck for a couple of minutes.

There are a few hotels on Corstorphine Road that have easy access to the bus route.

EDIT - and I forgot to add, the return is £6 now.