Eshaness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Went up to Eshaness today.I'll tell you what,on a day like today the views are unbeatable! Went along the Braewick cafe for the first time today and i will be going back.This place is well worth the visit.

Agree 100% Gods country after all!

Is it just me or do we all get nervous around cliffs as we get older?

Is it just me or do we all get nervous around cliffs as we get older?

I got nervous about cliffs after a family outing to Fethaland wearing my best Clarks sandals with their slippy plastic soles just before I got glasses to correct my very poor vision.

They kept on telling me to look at the seals - I could feel my feet sliding and couldn't see anything - except splodgy shapes (rocks) in a blue blur...

• 4 weeks later...
Went along the Braewick cafe for the first time today and i will be going back.This place is well worth the visit.

What's it like? What kind of grub do they have? A few people have mentioned that they were impressed. I would go and see for myself but I'm not in Shetland.

It's quite a large open-plan café space with a gallery of pictures and some crafts. Nice oak tables which will seat up to 60 plus some sofas at the big windows looking out to sea & the Drongs. Toby, the chef, used to work at Busta. Hot & cold snacks. Book for Sunday lunches & evening meals.

http://www.eshaness.shetland.co.uk/

Also in the area is the Booth vegetarian café in Hillswick, open for snacks, lunches & book for evening meals. BYOB. No prices - pay by donation to wildlife sanctuary. May - Sept.

http://www.northmavine.com/communitydirectory.htm

Hmm, I should get paid for this... ;) :D

I was up ay eshaness a week ago, it was misty though, went right up to the cliffs, and boy did i kack myself, the feeling is pretty scary. Not much hope if you went over those cliffs.

There must be some cracking fishing around Eshaness, anyone got any good fishing stories?

• 3 weeks later...

Eshaness is a very beutiful place like no other in Shetland!!

My family come from Eshaness and I can tell you that some of my happiest memories as a child is running around playing in the hills with a crowd of cousins!! :) :)

Eshaness seems to have a very calming effect on people, if you are lucky enough to catch Eshaness on a lovely sunny calm day you are in for a very big treat!

One thing you must do when you go up to Eshaness is take a long hard look at the Drongs and the Door o Holm they are spectacular!!

And yes the Briewick cafe is brilliant with my favouite view of all the Briewick beach and the Drongs!!

:) :)