Volcanic Eruption

Billy/T22

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Scottish airspace will be closed from 0700am tomorrow (wed), due to ash cloud.

Hmm, yeh, but what about Shetland airspace?. Any info?.

According to the bbc Here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8660841.stm

They anticipate scotland wide closures - but best to phone the airline in question direct - as quite often the web can brodcast incorrect information.

Lets hope its not as bad in the morning - as we cant handle any more travel disruption :(

Hate to tell you but Shetland is part of Scotland which is part of the UK which is part of Europe. We are all part of the world which is part of the universe. :twisted:

^ :wink:

Or, as I was thinking, following that logic, if Scottish flights have been cancelled and Scotland is part of the Universe, then all universal flights must have been cancelled too. :shock:

Bad news ET, no holidays for you this week. :P

Hate to tell you but Shetland is part of Scotland which is part of the UK which is part of Europe. We are all part of the world which is part of the universe. :twisted:

Going slightly off topic, but can you show me or point me to a legal document that declares when this happened?. Or a legal document that made Shetland a part of Scotland?.

I'm waiting.......

Patently Shetland airspace is not part of Scottish Airspace since Shetland airspace is open today.!!

In fact only Inverness,Glasgow and all parts west are shut.

Aberdeen and Edinburgh are so far unaffected.

From the forecast it looks likely that our airspace will remain open for the near future at least.

usual high standard of reporting. take any media report with the usual pinch of salt.

^^^

To be fair, the media did say that parts of Scottish airspace will close, not all of it. The BBC have just updated that Edinburgh will now close at 1300 until at least 1800. No point taking off from Shetland's clear skies if there is nowhere to go!

This ash cloud really is quite a pa-lava......

Going slightly off topic, but can you show me or point me to a legal document that declares when this happened?. Or a legal document that made Shetland a part of Scotland?.

I'm waiting.......

It happened by default due to the passing of time. I suppose it's a bit like property left abandoned, eventually the owner's rights become extinguished, unless steps are taken to assert the rights. Those steps would need to be taken in a timely manner.

I'm waiting.......

It happened by default due to the passing of time. I suppose it's a bit like property left abandoned, eventually the owner's rights become extinguished, unless steps are taken to assert the rights. Those steps would need to be taken in a timely manner.