Bargains from Lerwick Shops

lerwick

:wink:

What would those of you that's a bit into computers think that a decent price for a 23.6" (widescreen), LG computer screen should be ???

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hannspree+monitor&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=5270437520&ref=pd_sl_6r2chesp7v_b

I'm not at home at the moment so can't check its number; I bought what I'm fairly sure is a 23" Hannspree monitor about two years ago - I think it was about £120 - it's been just great - main thing is you can get two full-size A4 documents side by side for editing, which is something I do a lot. I got it from Misco but here are the Amazon prices for starters.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't assume town shopping is uncompetative.

I work in the carpet department of Home Furnishing, and recently had a customer call in who 'gleefully' explained when south, he bought his lounge carpet from Carpetwise.

They claimed the carpets' recommended retail price was £59.99 per sq m, then 50% off, bringing it down to £29.99 per sq m. Amazing....Carpetwise then further reduced it by 25% to £22.49 per sq m. "You can't beat that can you....?"

We had the same carpet in stock at £18.75 per sq m, with no transportation costs to haul it from some retail park in Aberdeen.

We can't extol the virtues of Lerwick shopping in every scenario, but at least give local business's a passing thought before parting company with your hard earned cash.

yeah but i have had a bad experience using the home furnishing for measuring, fitting and delivering items i have ordered. the measurements were wrong for downstairs, the waiting time was about 2months until it could get fitted (which i understand that they are busy) but delivered the lino the day after it was ordered to be left between 2x doorways for a few months, which would leave kinks in the flooring. plus after floor was layed there was 8meters squared left over (near £130 worth of material left that could be used to fit another room. just to make this clear it was not the cuttings but a whole piece that was extra) to which i asked if i could get a credit note for and was told no. plus i was left with all this material so i will not be recommending you to anyone :evil:

^^PC screen....

Yeah, that's cheaper than you can get it from one place in Shetland, the LG is £180 there, (about same price as local here), but, and there is a BIG but, what if something goes wrong ???...I bought a peerie kitchen TV for Christmas, thankfully locally, because around May it got a white line across the screen......

I just put it in a plastic bag, walked 150m to the shop, told what was wrong,,,, a couple of days later I went back, got a new TV in a plastic bag, went home and set it up.... :D

How much would you have to pay to send it back where it came from if it had been bought online....and....how long would it take to get a replacement ?????

If you buy things you can just throw away if something goes wrong, it's OK to buy online.......but locally you can get sevice.... :D

and they send it back down south to be fixed or swapped.

That's no different wherever you are. One of my zoom lenses jammed a few weeks ago, just before I really needed the camera for a couple of weddings. Took it into Jessops - yes they could send it back to Nikon. There would be a charge - £30? - can't remember - and it would take 3 - 4 weeks. So i gave up and thought I would buy a new lens - which they were keen to sell me. Went home and checked it online - £60 cheaper. I reckoned on a 4-week repair time, local loyalty just didn't count. These sorts of decisions are not exclusive to Shetland...

^^PC screen....

Yeah, that's cheaper than you can get it from one place in Shetland, the LG is £180 there, (about same price as local here), but, and there is a BIG but, what if something goes wrong ???...I bought a peerie kitchen TV for Christmas, thankfully locally, because around May it got a white line across the screen......

I just put it in a plastic bag, walked 150m to the shop, told what was wrong,,,, a couple of days later I went back, got a new TV in a plastic bag, went home and set it up.... :D

How much would you have to pay to send it back where it came from if it had been bought online....and....how long would it take to get a replacement ?????

If you buy things you can just throw away if something goes wrong, it's OK to buy online.......but locally you can get sevice.... :D

do you not know your rights as in internet shopper? google it

if anything is wrong with the item you ordered you can send it back for free, or get your money back from sending it. yes it takes a bit longer but its the price you pay for cheaper shopping.

Yeah, I KNOW, but, but, is it worth the effort.... :lol: :lol:

I'm happy with our locals, they are worth the little extra :D

im not loaded all :( the time so yes i find it worth it everytime. in my years of internet shopping i have only sent back 2 things i have ordered and got a replacement within a week. up here i have been stung so many times with things and having to wait almost a month for items to be replaced or credit notes. and online through paypal you can get your money back within a week if you are not happy with your purchase. but everyone prefers different things and each to their own :D

• 1 year later...