wireless all-in-one printer stockists

khitajrah

Does anyone know where in Lerwick we could buy a wireless all-in-one printer for less than £100? Our Canon printer decided some time ago not to recognise brand new ink cartridges and I have an OU assignment needing printed off in colour and sent very soon!

I've tried Shetland Office Supplies and they're not answering the phone (will try again later) and I tried MES, number not recognised but I'm unsure if they are still open? I don't know where else I could buy one besides online.

edit:

Shetland Office Supplies don't have any in stock, they'd have to order one in.

Bolt's Electrical - no

ITS - none under £100.

Where else do I try?

khitajrah,

You could email your tutor about your printing problem and send your TMA as an attachment. It should be fine if it was a one-off, but it would test your tutor's patience and printer if you were to do this every time.

My TMAs are hand written so they must be sent by post, which is fine as my printer is not working.

Some courses allow you to submit your TMA online. I guess your course is not one of them.

JZ (studying Maths at the OU).

Thanks for all the replies!

JPS - I did have a look online and they do have some fab deals, alas, Mr. K has put a spanner in the works by saying said printer must be Linux compatible (ergh!)

Sheltieman - thanks, will phone them tomorrow.

Lastditch - Globus? Who?

Pooks - It's a Canon MP460. We got a brand new true original cartridge and it didn't recognise it. Mr. K (aka tech support) scoured the internet for advice and apparently this is a common problem, but he couldn't find a solution.

jz - would do, but alas this is a residential school ECA and two copies need to be sent to Milton Keynes. There might just be enough black ink in the old printer to print off the single copy of the TMA for my other course, but a new printer is required soonish!

Jaydee - thanks for the link! Might take you up on that offer ;)

Khit (studying Life Sciences)

Open Control Panel

Click on Printers and Faxes

Right click on your printer (Canon MP460)

Click on Properties

Then click on maintenance

Click on ‘View Printer Status…..’

Click on Option

Finally, click on enable status monitor. This will turn it off and should allow you to print.

Failing that try a reset:-

1. Disconnect the power cable

2. Hold down power button

3. Reconnect the power cable

4. With the power button still down, press twice the “Cancel/Stop” red button

5. Release the power button

6. The printer is now in factory mode…(wait about 30 seconds until it says “idle”)

7. Press the down arrow (next to the “OK” button) until it says “Shipping Mode 1”

8. Press the “OK” Button

9. Now with it displaying “Without Cleaning” press the power button

10. A test page should print

11. Now open cover

12. Disconnect the power again

13. Take both cartridges out like normal

14. Close cover

15. Reconnect power cable

16. Press power button

17. Replace cartridges

Good luck.