Clive's Record Shop

Guest metallica man

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The local grapevine has Tesco's buying this and Ninians next door, perhaps a metro coming soon...there will be a bit of worry amongst local shops now i reckon!

I don't think so! Its a shame really but its going to take more than Tesco to save the street. Personally I think there will be 3 or 4 more shops shutting on the street within the next couple of year.

Watch this space!

The local grapevine has Tesco's buying this and Ninians next door, perhaps a metro coming soon...there will be a bit of worry amongst local shops now i reckon!

Excellent news. Just look at one of the shops nearby that looks like it hasn't been painted internally since the fifties. The Co-op would have stayed the same if it hadn't have been for Tesco. We all deserve a better shopping experience than we are getting at the moment.

Guest Anonymous

Hi I'm new. Its a shame Clives is closing, I've bought pretty much Napalm Deaths entire collection from him, but shops like Clives are closing down all over the UK. Online shops can offer better prices and a better selection, its just the way of things now.

The sooner the hydro shop and the camera shop close down the better as far as I'm concerned, for years they have gotten away with selling products at vastly inflated prices.

The sooner the hydro shop and the camera shop close down the better as far as I'm concerned, for years they have gotten away with selling products at vastly inflated prices.

Dear o me what a totally generalised, misleading post!

Its not all about processing film either but you can't expect them to compete with the likes of photobucket for costs when you take into consideration the millions of people using sites like there's. Its just not a fair comparison!

The Camera Centre is one shop of a few in Lerwick that gives good service and competitive prices on most of their stock but at the same time like any other small local trader anywhere in the UK they can't always compete with the bigboys at every level!

Guest Anonymous

Talking about two shops in particular can hardly be viewed as "totally generalised, misleading"

For your info Photobucket do not process film, they will sell you prints of digitally uploaded images. £38 compared to £17 I think is a very fair comparison, it doesnt matter how many people use online services, its cheaper and thats all that matters. It aint my job to pay way over the odds just to keep a local buisness open.

And with regards to service - when I asked in the camera shop if they could help with or knew who to speak to about the proper disposal of processing chemicals, the young lass behind the counter didnt have a clue what I was talking about and said they couldnt help me.

Blindly supporting local shops just because they are local doesnt help anyone except those with money to burn.

- when I asked in the camera shop if they could help with or knew who to speak to about the proper disposal of processing chemicals

Going a little off topic for a mo'.

If you process your own film, Would you know of anyone who might be interested in buying some darkroom equipment? or even if you could let me know the outcome of you chemicals enquiry as I have a reasonable quantity of old developers etc to dispose of.

Feel free to PM me so as not to take up the forum. Thanks