Windscreen damage.

Guest posiedon

Guest posiedon

How many folk have suffered Windscreen damage this Winter? my wife and I with 70 years driving (between us) had never had a damaged windscreen till this Winter, I had to have mine replaced two months ago and it's cracked again, my wife's is also cracked, is it the "grit" the council are using on the roads?

Here in Aith the pavements are covered in (not grit) but the small stones that are used when re-surfacing, are they spreading these stones "as grit" without the tarmac to hold them in place?

Where do I get a claim form? :)

you know that Stonachs are now the agent for any insurance company that uses Autoglass?

I recently went to get a window done at the old place that was the agent and was told that if i was to pay for it myself it would be done quicker than going through the insurance.. In my naivety i went that way due to the weather and then found out they weren't the agent.. not to speculate but i was left stroking my chin wondering if i had been given a male hen and bull story...

you know that Stonachs are now the agent for any insurance company that uses Autoglass?

I recently went to get a window done at the old place that was the agent and was told that if i was to pay for it myself it would be done quicker than going through the insurance.. In my naivety i went that way due to the weather and then found out they weren't the agent.. not to speculate but i was left stroking my chin wondering if i had been given a male hen and bull story...

Yes I have just contacted Autoglass. As well!

They have told me, that they cant fix it until. I get a neighbour to verify that there is windscreen damage and what category it is A,B or C

Most of my neighbours just don’t have a clue, about MOT standards,

I offered to take the car to a garage to get verification, he said that it would have to be a garage

In Shetland that they approve off.

When asked who the garage was he could not tell me

Guest posiedon
your all getting me worried now..........my windscreen is cracked and in need of replacing, i phoned n.f.u who got auto glass to phone me and ive been told my screens ordered and will be put in by thursday or friday this week at stronachs...........hmmmm panic button on red alert!!! :? :? :?
I wouldn't worry, autoglass are very good, I phoned them yesterday for my second replacement in two months and they said it will be on the boat Thursday or Friday.

Stronachs have taken over the franchise from Gairs.

That's a relief !

We had a stone chip in the summer about the size of a 5p.

Phoned Autoglass who did thier thing and a few days later Gairs phoned, wanted me to take the car in so they could look at it.

Gairs said they could drill it and inject it but it would leave a mark like a fish scale on the windscreen and the guy was reluctant to do it as the chip was "borderline". (My brother had autoglass(south) fix his windscreen (bigger chip than ours) and it didnt leave any such mark) Or we could pay our £50 excess and get a replacement windscreen which they said and I qoute "£300 for a new windscreen plus time, or just pay the £50 excess and we'll replace it through your insurance".

Okay, so they could have fixed it for free off my insurance, but they didnt want to. Instead they recommend claiming off my insurance, which they get paid more for replacing and then my insurance goes up.

Go figure.. the windscreen still has a chip in it

Might go give autoglass a ring ;)

your all getting me worried now..........my windscreen is cracked and in need of replacing, i phoned n.f.u who got auto glass to phone me and ive been told my screens ordered and will be put in by thursday or friday this week at stronachs...........hmmmm panic button on red alert!!! :? :? :?
I wouldn't worry, autoglass are very good, I phoned them yesterday for my second replacement in two months and they said it will be on the boat Thursday or Friday.

you were so right, i had a phone call from stronachs today to say my new screen was in and theyd fit on friday for me, so well done autoglass and stronachs,just under a week start to finish.

I've been waiting 3 weeks now for a windscreen, I was booked for a replacement the Monday AFTER Auto windscreens went to the wall, the windscreen was at Lerwick Auto Body's but they can't fit it because they won't get paid as my Insurance moved over to Auto Glass, what a bummer that was.

After numerous phone calls to Stronachs and Auto Glass, I finally had a call from Auto Glass headquarters to say it's unacceptable that I've had to wait that long and they would look into the reason why. When I spoke to Stonachs they told me they were waiting for 20 windscreens to be delivered, no fault lays with them, they can't fit them if they haven't got them. It seem there's a delivery problem, the screens are sent from a depot in Glasgow, more on that when they get back to me.

I think that they're having a lot of windscreen damage South and supply is maybe short. Just my thoughts on that, I'd be quite happy to wait but I'm changing my car soon and need to get the screen replaced.