Problems sleeping.

ISOT

Anyone got any good remedies or ideas for getting a good nights sleep?

I'm a very light sleeper but have terrible problems getting a good nights sleep. I have broken sleeps most nights and reckon I probably get about 6 hours max a night, certainly no more.

Cheers

Haha! I wish i could get 6hrs sleep! I might sleep for two to three hrs at a time then waken up. Its mostly whats going on in your head that keeps you awake. As soon as my head hits the pillow i start thinking about all sorts, i can be totaly knackard but won't nod off. Don't worry about it anymore, just accept thats the way it is. Don't see the point in taking anything for it either. Some folk can sleep like a log and some can't! You're doing fine with that much sleep imo!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6hrs broken sleep was really what I was trying to say. I agree with a couple of you though, as soon as the head hits the pillow all I think about is work and its driving me nuts.

I'm going to try and not use medication but as some of you say maybe I need to train the body to get used to hitting the sack around 11pm. I used to go to bed listening to music thro headphones so I may give that a go....get the ACDC on! :wink:

Cheers

I recommend a cup of Dr Stuart's Valerian Tea before going to bed. You can buy it from Healthcraft. It is known as the herbal valium but is non addictive and doesn't have any side effects. The only problem is it smells awful and doesn't taste that good either but I really does work.

I recommend a cup of Dr Stuart's Valerian Tea before going to bed. You can buy it from Healthcraft. It is known as the herbal valium but is non addictive and doesn't have any side effects. The only problem is it smells awful and doesn't taste that good either but I really does work.

Boots sell valerian in tablet form in different strengths; one is called "Sleep Well".

I agree with Frances, I do the same have to have noise on at night to sleep, else an odd noise in a quiet house can wake me.

I used to make a lemonbalm infusion to sleep (as it was handy and growing in the garden)

geranium oil is a good natural betablocker if you find yourself worrying at night, and less dangerous than lavender (I personally loathe lavender, but it can work well for 60% of the population who are less likely to react to the nasty stuff)

last night I didnt think I was going to be able to sleep, fell asleep just after 12 and woke at 5am feeling fantastic! This is possibly because I only woke once. Or it could be that I drank more water rather than my usual 10 odd cups of tea! also made sure my room was nice and cool(gets like a sauna in summer even with window open)

On those occasions when the old seven per cent solution (of Mr Barratt's finest Sherbet) does not suffice to lull me into the arms of Morpheus (he of the Oneiroi, not the rather gauche leather-clad Mr Miyagi chappie, a la "Matrix" :wink:) I heartily recommend Mr Andrew Johnson's Relax app.

It is free to download, and he also provides it in standard MP3 format, I believe, via something called a "FaceBook page"? Honestly, young people nowadays! :roll: :wink:

I set it to repeat twice, set the volume low, and pop an earpiece just in my uppermost ear before relaxing. I have yet to hear it all the way through.

Your humble servant.