The Levellers In Shetland

Mattie

I could hear it from my house at the other side of the town...saved myself some money there!

I was at it, some folk left at the first song where i was standing, where i lasted 2, and i didnt come out on my own.

Its like everything, you either like it or you dont, the fact that i didnt realy know who they were didnt help us. but plenty will have had a great night.

Personaly when i looked up the acts on who to take i might have found something better or at least current.

It seems to be the same folkie rock or fiddles that we are always forced fed here. Is their no middle ground acts?

The strange thing about the bar situation is that it was only 1/10th, if that, of the size of the bar at Holmsgarth for the last tall ships event in 1999.

Given how that one was flat out all the time, it's not like they didn't know what would happen. All it did was cost them potential income and frustrate the punters.

To me, though they put on a great (if extremely short) show, last night served as a stark reminder of just how good our homegrown talent really is..

Yeah I heard the Bar situation wasnt as good as it could have been and there was no chance of getting to the toilet! That would hbe been a major problem for me as I always need to pee if I have had a drink! I hope everyone has a great night tonight although the weather isn't too fantastic! At least we can keep the ships for a little while longer!

Typical. The gig last night was fantastic apart from the weather, alll 4 bands on the bill were brilliant, and all folk can do is bitch about no being able to get to the bar... Seemed to me like there was plenty of folk we drinks in hand, and plenty more who needed no more anyway!

Should have stuck to the coffee! :D

I've really enjoyed all the local bands I've seen this weekend, Levellers were immense, enjoyed every minute of it all....only downside was Mother Nature but not much anyone could do about that apart from dress right for the occasion!!!! I was actually surprised how quick himself managed to get us a drink the main problem with the bar was the amount of folk standing around outside it blocking the queue! Toilets were no bother at all in my experience! Brilliant night :)

• 2 weeks later...