Getting Into Heavy Metal

alarmarama

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like all of their stuff, I found nightwish easier to listen to when they changed their singer! But i was thinking of the more slightly 'harder' sounding stuff.

those are my two fave bands ghostie :-P although I no longer have any of it on my phone due to the stupid computer wiping it all!

I can still argue with you for the sake of arguing though :-D

My metal genre of choice is "Southern Metal" aka "Stoner Metal" bands lik Down, Corrosion Of Conformity and Black Label Society would be a good starter. Also a not so heavy option would be Seemless and a Scandanavian version: Grand Magus

Clutch are also a great band, very hard to pigeon hole intae a genre though!

One of my favourite bands at the moment are from the NWOTHM (New Wave Of Traditional Heavy Metal) genre: White Wizzard, if you're a Maiden fan you have tae check them oot, their videos are also pretty amusing!

STONE SOUR

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH

Seconded! especially Stone Sour, listenin tae them noo actually! :)

I started by listening to AC/DC which is good old rock and roll, then slowly got into heavier and darker music like Black Sabbath and Ozzy before metal kings Metallica and Megadeth.

But if you enjoy and appreciate good guitar music the list is endless.

A lot of good bands mention other bands not mentioned:-

Heavier bands:- Pantera, Machine Head, Sepultura, Slipknot, White Zombie (Not sure if you don’t like the screaming but great guitar work)

Less Heavy:- Kid Rock, Marilyn Manson, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Faith No More

Anything by Zakk Wylde i.e Black Label Society, Pride&Glory or Book of Shadows this guy can play the guitar alright and sings, plays piano, drums and bass.

Whatever you choose, make sure you listen to everything that Motorhead ever played. Ever.

(Oh, and everything AC/DC wrote before the death of Bon Scott).

This guy seems to know what his stuff.

Also, You should watch a few Lemmy interviews. The man's a god, A gentle and genuinely nice person. He's never eaten a bat, (intentionally) vomited on the audience, wore make-up or spandex. Nor will he ever! Even though he's still touring every year and living the Rock n Roll life to the max! http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces-84.gif

Whatever you choose, make sure you listen to everything that Motorhead ever played. Ever.

(Oh, and everything AC/DC wrote before the death of Bon Scott).

This guy seems to know what his stuff.

Also, You should watch a few Lemmy interviews. The man's a god, A gentle and genuinely nice person. He's never eaten a bat, (intentionally) vomited on the audience, wore make-up or spandex. Nor will he ever! Even though he's still touring every year and living the Rock n Roll life to the max! http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/smiley-faces-84.gif

Ha, and Lemmy used to get MEGA peeved when I beat his round the clock high score on Asteroids at the Princess Alex. pub in Portobello Road. He remembered when I met him at one of his gigs, swore, and said he bet I could still beat his score! :lol:

Yes, yes , yes ! Motorhead must be listened to, for maximum pleasure at high volume :!:

And of course Faith No More . The first track on their album titled Faith No More gives you an excellent start to the day, leaving you ready for anything & very, very awake.

I must say that as far as heavy metal goes IMO Motorhead's "The Ace of Spades " & of course " Bomber " are hard to beat.