Deportation - Apparently A Debate Thread?? :?

Njugle

too be fair davie, personally i feel dat dis should have been at most a private message as dis is also an attack against sam.

regardless of whit he did, i dinna ken him or whit his motives are/were, whether honourable or disruptive, but i do think dat dis post is no better dan whit you accuse him of.

i don't know whit dis email you refer to wis or whitever, but a public forum is not da place to voice this.

you may well be tired (lang trip and aa dat) and emotional, but dis could've and should've been handled differently

8O

Sorry could not agree less. Such a despicable act associated with a public campaign deserves public advertising. I could have gone much further I can assure you, but have chosen to ask him to think again and consider what he is doing and risking by such an approach.

but di post refers tae sams email being on a completely different subject, so how is it relevant tae dis?

also, du cud argue dat dis post is in violation of terms and conditions o di forum

1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink forums, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated.

i jist dinnae dink der wis ony need fir dat post at aa, regardless o its intent, nae on here onyway

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am calm I can assure you. I am going to bow out o this thread as there's little I can add to such a debate.

The one thing that interests me is that all three of the descenting voices (I agree I am sure there are more out there) all seem to have similar approaches in that they all claim to be speaking to folk that are against the camapign etc and who are frightened to speak out publicly just in case.

Well can I just ask all of you why you are not encouraging all these 'nameless' poeple to join the debate on this forum themselves in that case rather than you being the conduits for them.

No difficulties at all with the counter arguments I can assure you (well some of them anyway) its just more a case of.......

Yours suspiciously

i huv never claimed dat da folk i huv spoken tae dat are not bothered aboot da campaign are too scared tae join here and voice der ain opinions, but rather dey are too busy demselves tae waste time coming on here tae discuss sumthing dat disna interest dem.

whit are u sae suspicious o?

wi dis wan post (well alang wi da wan aimed at sam) u have gone way doon in my estimation davie as dis comes accross as affy arrogant.

u have dun an affy lot o good wirk sae far fir da campaign, but u have seriously soured disel wi dis. do nae doot aaboady will back di up.

i'm no against da campaign, but nor am i blinded tae whit ithers think, but der wis nae need fir ony o dis danite davie.

and whit wis da point o coming on dis thread tae stir things up, jist tae b****r aff again wance dat hus bin done?

dis wis very poor davie

Just read most of the anti guff, as far as I could stomach it anyway.

All I would say to these people, who for some reason will not stand up and voice there opinion openly, and I am no christian by the way, is..........let he who is without sin..........you know the rest.

Think on half wits.

i don't know whit dis email you refer to wis or whitever, but a public forum is not da place to voice this.

8O Wow pots and kettles come to mind!!!

you may well be tired (lang trip and aa dat) and emotional, but dis could've and should've been handled differently

Thanks for this and now we can also add patronising to your long list of debating attributes.......However now I am being pedantic and so will leave it there

You are certainly entitled to believe that, given that its been pretty much poor Sam and poor Segatrix etc but I gave this a lot of thought over two days before I decided to act.

What Sam has done has taken his particular issues to a new level of depravity - personal, acrimonious and anonymous and that is just not on. If he choses to go this way, while still publicly saying that he 'kinda' supports the campaign and Sakchai, then I think its only right that that line be exposed for the sham it is.

As I say I could have gone much further ( I could have reported or exposed him for instance) but hope that he reads enought into this to see sense and pull back before its too late. He will certainly not de-rail the campaign but he may de-rail himself. I have simply given him the chance to avoid this while still attempting to show his true side and beliefs - still leaving him generally under that cloak of anonimity,

further mair, read aa da posts rather is replying as du goes and you'll see whit folk wir getting at rather as haeing a go wioot kening aathing.

It really is galling at how you always trip yourselves up cousin!

From page 7:

but no aabody hus da time tae trawl thru 3 threads of 49 pages of numerous posts on da off chance dat da answer to yer question mite have been answered. so yea, fir sum folk it is too much effort to move your mouse and click a button.

pots and kettles again in your arguing that just goes round and roundin circles to goad people. :roll:

I would say all is fair in love and unjust deportation cases.

If people are being deliberately awkward, and harrassing people that are involved with the campaign, then it needs to be stopped if possible, and if the most straightforward way of doing that is posting on the boards, then good on ya Davie.

You have to bear in mind - there is no time to be messing about playing silly buggers. Davie is still trying to get involved with the campaign from the other side of the world, all to his credit. He is supposed to be on holiday, and instead he is having to deal with what appears to be a fairly immature reaction for whatever reason.

Davie's post would have been unfair had Sam lost anonymity. He hasn't. He can continue to post on here as Sam with most people having no clue as to who he is. Alternatively I can see no reason why he can't register a new name if he choses to stop using Sam - that would be up to the mods I suppose, but I am sure he can PM them and ask if it's ok.

Anyway, I think it should be concluded that the situation has been dealt with, and hopefully no more will come of it. Back to the business of keeping Sakchai in Shetland.

i huv never claimed dat da folk i huv spoken tae dat are not bothered aboot da campaign are too scared tae join here and voice der ain opinions, but rather dey are too busy demselves tae waste time coming on here tae discuss sumthing dat disna interest dem.

Interested enough to discuss the issues strongly with you so you can voice their opinion for them - but not bothered about the campaign. Too scared to join here - but not scared enough to claim their views are being silenced by the majority. Too busy to bother anyway, even for doing one post to publicly submit their opinion anonymously and again of no interest to them. Sorry I may be missing the point but none o this adds up to me!!!! If they are not interested why not just leave them out of it and put forward your own views and stop hinding behind their's all the time.

I rest my case.

wi dis wan post (well alang wi da wan aimed at sam) u have gone way doon in my estimation davie as dis comes accross as affy arrogant.

Whitever du tinks peeriesookie. But here's somthing more arrogant then........ I would be happy to debate issues if they are worthwhile and of any merit whatsoever. I clearly know which side I am on and why. but to be honest what i have read to date here from the so called (maybe, maybe not) anti side is a total heap of worthless drivel (although I do have definate sympathies with Vailron if he is saying what I think he is) and I only have two regrets and one observation to arrogantly leave you with:

I regret I took the bait in the first place and even bothered to speak up against you guys in the first instance but, rather than stir things up as you suggest, I felt I was merely answering back against a totally unreasonable and in my opinion worthless 'debate'. I should have know better but I dont regret anything said - tired or not.

I regret that a real person with real feelings and emotions and living in our real and thankfully largely caring community (who by the way is NOT hogging any limelight - he only goes where he is invited) is being played with in this fashion for cheap 'debating' thrills and mischief making. No doubt he and those close to him will read this and I can only remind him, and them, that set against the OVERWHELMING support from the larger part of the community these kind of singular, vitriolic views are not even worth giving the time of day too. Have your 'anti' views if you will, they will exist and you are very much entitled to them and in the right context none of us would have any problem with that including Sakchai (remember he expected those and much more on his original return but nothing of any consequence materialised) but these views are petty and of no merit and add nothing of any worth to any real debate. Not that there has been one to date, although as I say I do have sympathies with Vailron.

And finally I am ASHAMED that anybody reading this, especially from outside Shetland, might, even for one second, think that ANY of these views in any way represent any kind of majority 'anti' feeling in Shetland. I am very hopeful however they will not see it like that and,like most of us, treat them and this with the utter contempt they and it deserves. Its just a pity you have been given such a high profile public platform to spout them from - but thankfully that is democracy for you and thanks to the boys of Shetlink for quite rightly controlling the worst of them to date.

u have dun an affy lot o good wirk sae far fir da campaign, but u have seriously soured disel wi dis

Dont worry I can live with that

i'm no against da campaign, but nor am i blinded tae whit ithers think, but der wis nae need fir ony o dis danite davie.
8O

and whit wis da point o coming on dis thread tae stir things up, jist tae b****r aff again wance dat hus bin done?

As i have said the reason that i b******d aff as you so eloquently put it is that the content of your so called debate had today sunk, in my humble opinion, to new levels of worthlessness and depravity and was no longer even worth giving the time of day to to read let alone answer. As I say I have no problem at all with anti-views but these were something else altogether and forgive me if I choose to totally ignore them and anyone posting them from now on in.

I am not looking at everything through rose coloured glasses in my opinion nor am I saying that Satch is a saint but next to some of you guys he is Mother Teresa.

Yours arrogantly and proud of it.........

steady on dere davie, dis is becoming a bit o a rant and in danger o appearing lik a personal attack as weel.

calm doon

I disagree - I'm glad someone has the patience to address the myriad innuendos and virtual slurs being sneakily voiced by certain folk.

However, there's only so much you can do.

http://www.gunlaug.no/contents/imagedepot/dontfeedtrolls.png

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS

i think Davie did the right thing, he brought the issue out in the open. he clearly stated what his concerns were and didn't hide behind any annonymous masks or anythin. it was a brave thing to do and i think it was the right thing to do in this situation. now we all know what's goin on, he's not hiding anything from anyone.

sometimes transparancy and outright open handed honesty is the hardest thing to do, but it's a trait that i respect and value. so good on you Davie!

it is good to see that this is now becoming a debate. what constitutes being of service to the community?? isnt everyone in shetland contributing to the community in one form or another?? i still wonder though should a similar situation arise in the future, will the current camopaigners fight again for someone that they do not know?? and while the campiagn is expecting support from the mailnland, would they support someone on the mainlanmd in the same situation???

Oh shut up the lot of you Now is not the time to argue who said what and when and why. In less than 2 weeks Sakchai will have is future decided on and what is needed is calm debate on why he should stay....or why he should go. Would like to know where the "go" people think he should be sent to bearing in mind that Shetland is his home.

further mair, read aa da posts rather is replying as du goes and you'll see whit folk wir getting at rather as haeing a go wioot kening aathing.

It really is galling at how you always trip yourselves up cousin!

From page 7:

but no aabody hus da time tae trawl thru 3 threads of 49 pages of numerous posts on da off chance dat da answer to yer question mite have been answered. so yea, fir sum folk it is too much effort to move your mouse and click a button.

pots and kettles again in your arguing that just goes round and roundin circles to goad people. :roll:

wi dis, if du must hae a go, i wis meaning all da posts dat wre efter dat, as i wis assuming he wis going thru aa da wans dat wir posted since he wis away. too difficult tae follow?

Interested enough to discuss the issues strongly with you so you can voice their opinion for them - but not bothered about the campaign. Too scared to join here - but not scared enough to claim their views are being silenced by the majority. Too busy to bother anyway, even for doing one post to publicly submit their opinion anonymously and again of no interest to them. Sorry I may be missing the point but none o this adds up to me!!!! If they are not interested why not just leave them out of it and put forward your own views and stop hinding behind their's all the time.

I rest my case.

Whitever du tinks peeriesookie. But here's somthing more arrogant then........ I would be happy to debate issues if they are worthwhile and of any merit whatsoever. I clearly know which side I am on and why. but to be honest what i have read to date here from the so called (maybe, maybe not) anti side is a total heap of worthless drivel (although I do have definate sympathies with Vailron if he is saying what I think he is) and I only have two regrets and one observation to arrogantly leave you with:

I regret I took the bait in the first place and even bothered to speak up against you guys in the first instance but, rather than stir things up as you suggest, I felt I was merely answering back against a totally unreasonable and in my opinion worthless 'debate'. I should have know better but I dont regret anything said - tired or not.

I regret that a real person with real feelings and emotions and living in our real and thankfully largely caring community (who by the way is NOT hogging any limelight - he only goes where he is invited) is being played with in this fashion for cheap 'debating' thrills and mischief making. No doubt he and those close to him will read this and I can only remind him, and them, that set against the OVERWHELMING support from the larger part of the community these kind of singular, vitriolic views are not even worth giving the time of day too. Have your 'anti' views if you will, they will exist and you are very much entitled to them and in the right context none of us would have any problem with that including Sakchai (remember he expected those and much more on his original return but nothing of any consequence materialised) but these views are petty and of no merit and add nothing of any worth to any real debate. Not that there has been one to date, although as I say I do have sympathies with Vailron.

And finally I am ASHAMED that anybody reading this, especially from outside Shetland, might, even for one second, think that ANY of these views in any way represent any kind of majority 'anti' feeling in Shetland. I am very hopeful however they will not see it like that and,like most of us, treat them and this with the utter contempt they and it deserves. Its just a pity you have been given such a high profile public platform to spout them from - but thankfully that is democracy for you and thanks to the boys of Shetlink for quite rightly controlling the worst of them to date.

u have dun an affy lot o good wirk sae far fir da campaign, but u have seriously soured disel wi dis

Dont worry I can live with that

8O

As i have said the reason that i b******d aff as you so eloquently put it is that the content of your so called debate had today sunk, in my humble opinion, to new levels of worthlessness and depravity and was no longer even worth giving the time of day to to read let alone answer. As I say I have no problem at all with anti-views but these were something else altogether and forgive me if I choose to totally ignore them and anyone posting them from now on in.

I am not looking at everything through rose coloured glasses in my opinion nor am I saying that Satch is a saint but next to some of you guys he is Mother Teresa.

Yours arrogantly and proud of it.........

is it sae anti tae ask whit sakchai dis tae positively contribute tae da community if i am genuinely interested.

if, as du puts it, it is important fir da personal slant tae be used, den du shud want tae tell folk aboot aa dat he contributes tae da community, let aaboady ken whit he's lik and whit he dus etc. so whit is di problem?

rules are dere for aaboady, and i personally think, regardless o whit du dus, dat du went tae far wi dat post against sam, fir whitever reason. nor shud u be alood tae hae a go at ither folk.

why dus asking questions automatically mean dat folk are anti da campaign? dis is pure paranoia.

hoo else are folk supposed tae get info aboot sakchai in order tae better understand da campaign ither as asking?

or are we mint tae jist blindly follow? questiona dae nae harm