Deportation - Apparently A Debate Thread?? :?

Njugle

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this case vailron doubtless has his reasons not to join in the Sakchai campaign (if he has not joined in) as I have my reasons to support the campaign and indeed he has every right either to ignore the campaign or to be against it.

I wouldn't question that he has his reasons. I've already said I respect his views and I also respect the fact that he has stated his opinion rather than resort to the nit picking that seems to be getting too prevalant on this thread.

My point is, though, that I dont feel he is right to go on a forum which is supporting Sakchai Makao, declare he is against the case, and then criticise the supporters for not taking up the cudgels in support of his pet cause. Especially when many are quite likely to do just that.

Just as he has a right to disagree with this cause, he should respect others rights as well.

i never said i was in favort of the other campaigns, i posted the link to highlight that there are a lot of other people out there in the same position, and if folk are really genuine shouldnt they be supporting sttrangers in the same position as their local pals. as for the child in question, i reckon he must have been about 10 or 12.

i was just wondering, do people really care, or is all this just a flash in the pan, how many people who signed the petition for sakchai, are merely jumping on the band wagon, or were made to feel guilty if they did not sign it. isigned it, but only because i was approached by a child bearing teh said petition, and who wants to upset a child. isnt this exploitation to achieve ones aim??

I can only vouch for myself. I care. I hate the way it was done, they way the government has reacted (or indeed failed to react), the dubious political motives behind his attempted deportation, the very idea that faceless burecrats can decide someones fate because their name was flagged on a database, the thought that someone will be taken away from their home town (if you live somewhere from a young age it is your home town as far as I'm concerned) and sent to somewhere alien to them, where they'd potentially be conscripted to the army.

I think all of these things are wrong and unjust, and I couldn't give a damn if people are "jumping on the bandwagon" - at least it's going in the right direction.

can someone explain why sakchai is not a british citizen, i believe his mother is a british citizen through marriage so why when his mother married someone british and thus gained her citizenship, how is is that sakchai remained a thai citizen??? sorry just trying to clear up the citizenship issue, and is his sister a british citizen???

can someone explain why sakchai is not a british citizen, i believe his mother is a british citizen through marriage so why when his mother married someone british and thus gained her citizenship, how is is that sakchai remained a thai citizen??? sorry just trying to clear up the citizenship issue, and is his sister a british citizen???

I'm not absolutely sure how it works vailron, but a mother getting British citizenship does not guarantee citizenship for their children.

I had a cousin who moved here from the States when she was 15. Her mother was born in Shetland and was a British citizen. But my cousin still had to go through the whole (ridiculously slow) application process.

i never said i was in favort of the other campaigns, i posted the link to highlight that there are a lot of other people out there in the same position, and if folk are really genuine shouldnt they be supporting sttrangers in the same position as their local pals. as for the child in question, i reckon he must have been about 10 or 12.

Ok, I can see that I have read more into the fact you mentioned the 'other women' on a few occasions more than I should have.

This though would bring me to question then why it could be wrong for someone to 'jump on the bandwagon' just because they have not done so before now. Surely that can only be good in that they will now be more likely to support other people in similar circumstances.

Sakchai is not my 'local pal', he is a stranger to me, but I believe that what has happened to him is totally wrong, and therefore I am willing to support his case first and foremost, because there is a sense of urgency with a deadline of one week today, and then go on to support others in similar situations.

Surely, the more support sakchai has, the better it is for everybody in his situation.

I seem to remember the campaign for both families and the media interest that it generated, I also remeber the local MSP and MP taking up their cases with the authorities, the media coverage may not have been as big as the sakchai case but it was covered.

What evidence ? Would someone that can't exist without splitting hairs to the finite degree be able to communicate in the [normal] world to any extent? Why is this question so difficult to answer properly? I infer that they are mentally challenged!!!

whi is dis question even remotely important/relevant?

and why is it posted on here? :wink:

I have signed the petition for Sakchai who is a friend. I also signed the petition for the two familys who I did not know.

I signed them because I did not believe that what our goverment was doing to them was right.

Come on vailron, would you give a child of 10 or 12 £50 if they asked for it, just because you wouldent like to hurt thier feelings.

I don't believe for one moment that's why you signed the Shetland for Sakchai petition.

Being married to a British subject does not antomatically confer citizenship only the right to live in Britain. My son born in the USA to a Shetland mam had to be registered with the British consulate in the USA to be assured of his citizenship in Britain. this made him a duel national.

For Sakchai and Uthai and others like them comming as children they have leave of residence for an indefinate period. or until comming of age i.e.18. Sakchai put his privilage in jepardy when he was sentenced for arson. Being born in this country automatically gives citizenship

hope this helps.

What evidence ? Would someone that can't exist without splitting hairs to the finite degree be able to communicate in the [normal] world to any extent? Why is this question so difficult to answer properly? I infer that they are mentally challenged!!!

I am in no way trying to detract away from this, but just raising an issue! It is actually a very valid point i am making with the fact that i point out that splitting hairs to the finite degree is not a [normal] communication method. Why have a go at me?

I am in no way trying to detract away from this, but just raising an issue! It is actually a very valid point i am making with the fact that i point out that splitting hairs to the finite degree is not a [normal] communication method. Why have a go at me?

who's splitting hairs? how is it a valid point in terms o dis thread? :?