Deportation - Apparently A Debate Thread?? :?

Njugle

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is good to see that this is now becoming a debate. what constitutes being of service to the community?? isnt everyone in shetland contributing to the community in one form or another?? i still wonder though should a similar situation arise in the future, will the current camopaigners fight again for someone that they do not know?? and while the campiagn is expecting support from the mailnland, would they support someone on the mainlanmd in the same situation???

Yes indeed

As I have said PS I dont think that answering any of your 'questions' are in any ways relevant to the campaign at hand and so I am not as I said going to waste valuable time on them. You wont of course agree with that but I cant for the life of me think what discussing the merits or not of Clickimin life guards etc has to do with anything so as I say apologies if I just leave you to your ramblings.

if it did hae tae be aired, why no dae it on a different thread, rather as plunging a debate on da sakchai case intae further disrepute by bringing intae issue an email dat davie refers tae himsel as being on a completely different topic.

Please yourself on this one too. Your defence of Sam etc on this site is admirable but I for one disagree, so I will leave it at that. What Sam did was the digital equivalent of a poison pen letter to a campaign member and his rantings are, although on an APPARENTLY different subject, are still aligned to this campaign. No coincidence it is me and Caroline B that are in his sights so I'm sorry if I have publicly offended him - not !!!!

I may just have saved him from a worse situation but that is up to him to decide or not as the case may be.

if the campaign is still going on, then it must be very low profile, have you heard anything about it recently??

The fight does go on and for your information we were all involved in that too. Legal advice at the time suggested that as the situation was, for the time being, stable then it would be better served to not ruffle any more political feathers and to keep things low key unless the time for direct action arose again.

We have already committed ourselves to helping others as will become apparent but we have also been advised that we should concentrate on the short term matters in hand and then take others from there.

Hope this helps

I feel very angry about the way in which our government has treated Sakchai. I was horrified that the authorities in whom I trust would treat an individual with such blatant disregard. Sakchai's removal and subsequent detention were carried out, in my opinion without transparency and this I find quite shocking. Immediately I became concerned, not just for Sakchai but for all the other people who were or could be treated in this way.

It is my emotion that motivates me to continue to do whatever I can to support the Shetland for Sakchai campaign. Additionally I will take every opportunity to do whatever I can to prevent others from a similar fiasco.

From little acorns great oak trees grow - Shetland is pretty sparse on the tree front but that shouldn't stop us from trying.

Iknow its a pun but that's the real point in a nutshell

Derick wrote

Do you think that the Sir Humphreys at the Home Office have deliberately picked on Sakchai as a 'so ridiculous it is guaranteed to fail' case? Then the whole stupid policy may be amended for the better? That's the conspiracy line.

I do not think that. Simple reason is that there are people out there who should have been deported.......if they ever got out of jail in the first place. Having let the politicians and the media get hold of the information was something Sir Humphrey would never have allowed to happen (to those who have no idea what I am going on about Sir Humphrey was a civil servant in a very funny sitcom called "Yes Minister" and later "Yes Prime Minister").

Sakchai probably got picked on simply because, having returned home to continue with his life in a small community, he was easy to find. That said there are still issues about his arrest that need to be investigated once the hearing is over.

Your defence of Sam etc on this site is admirable but I for one disagree, so I will leave it at that. What Sam did was the digital equivalent of a poison pen letter to a campaign member and his rantings are, although on an APPARENTLY different subject, are still aligned to this campaign. No coincidence it is me and Caroline B that are in his sights so I'm sorry if I have publicly offended him - not !!!!

my dear i do not want to start a yes you did no you didn't line as im above that.

but be asureed i have not writen to any member caroilineb or davieg or anyother person (that hide behing their names) that im aware of with any 'poision' that i am aware of. i suggest that someone is playing funny buggers here, so what ever has happend im sorry about it

Derick wrote

Do you think that the Sir Humphreys at the Home Office have deliberately picked on Sakchai as a 'so ridiculous it is guaranteed to fail' case?

I do not think that.

Sakchai probably got picked on simply because, having returned home to continue with his life in a small community, he was easy to find. That said there are still issues about his arrest that need to be investigated once the hearing is over.

Fair enough: cockup rather then conspiracy!

See - a reasoned debate, on the DEBATE thread. Minus the abuse. That's more like it.

Derick.

Hi

I'm personally glad to see this 'debate' is running out of the steam that has has driven it for the last two days and hopefully it now getting back on track. I suspect we are all being taken in by a fair proportion of mischief making which sadly can ruin relevant perhaps difficult questions being asked whatever 'side' they come from.

I have hopefully tried to sort these from much of the nonsense written recently but its difficult to get it right every time. I hope the genuinely posted views and questions of relevance have been dealth with....the rest....well the less said the better.

Peeriesookie. "welcome back" as someone said. The reason I have NOT answered many of your questions (which you may believe are relevant, and that of course is your right) is that I believe they are totally irrelevant in every sense of the word and that is my right as an individual too, arrogant or not.

To ask what Satch brings to our community as a pretty ordinary individual in many respects, and expect to get some sort of definitive or measurable answer from any individual so you can base your thinking on it, almost beggers belief from either an informed or intellectual point of view. (whoops there I go being arrogant again) So sorry its not worth giving time to. Such questions have no logical substance or indeed answer so dont expect an answer from me. Ask a sensible question re the campaingn (and no they dont all have to be 'pro') and I am happy to give it the time of day, but I suspect knowing more about the realities of this subject and the person it concerns is not what you are really about anyway. You've had your 'fun' so now I will leave it at that.

Re the Sam post. I did not name him nor his 'victim' in the e-mail episode for hopefully obvious reasons. I did publicly post his 'warning' to merely show how low these things can sink and to warn Sam off keeping up such an approach, also for his own good in the long run too, believe it or not. Sometimes these issues have to be done in this way to be totally effective - my own thoughts and decision - I may be wrong, but there you go. Sam says he did not do it. So be it, but believe me I would not have gone this far if I did not have proof and will only use this if ABSOLUTELY necessary i.e. if it continues. Even then it will not be used here, but in a much more 'official' way I can assure you.

Sam - STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH ME / US. I detect a more sensible approach which I welcome. But please think back, you have continually asked what you think are difficult and searching questions (based on no real substance to be honest), and indeed some totally inappropriate one's, again without substance.

Or, alternatively, you chose to air your personal views, a number of them pretty flippant and personally hurtful to those directly involved IO might add, especially about the management of the campaign fund. You have done this as if the fund structure, and the management of it, was some half thought out thing run by a pile of flippant, party-seeking individuals, when in fact it is being overseen by the Bank of Scotland and a number of totally trustworthy and independant individuals from across the local community who are committed to seing justice being done in this case. So no negative inroads for you there.

Having failed in this particular approach you sought to have a personal go at me and another campaign member in the hope of finding achilles heals there, so even if the subjects you chose to cast up to us are entirely unrelated to the actual Sakchai campaign, it can be NO coincidence that they are only aimed at campaign members and nobody outwith it.

I sincerly hope for everyone's sake this is the end of the matter and that if you have genuine issues to address, either with the campaign or on other un-related subjects, you can do so sensibly, openly and, of course, legally. I am sure if you had been GENUINELY hard done by by my approach, we would not have seen the much more sensible and rational approach you have chosen to adopt of late, but as I say thats only my personal observation and I welcome the new 'you' I have detected in recent posts

Vailron

Thanks for your posts and although I do not have the full picture of your own personal issues I do have sympathy with them from what little I can glean. And yes many of us have been active in these respects and others before, both in and out of Shetland, and sadly in some ways will no doubt be again, especially from now on.

The reason we are probably concentrating so much on this particular case at the moment is the short time-scale and the amount of work that needs to be done both behind the scenes and in public between now and the hearing date.

In addition we believe, or perhaps hope, this could be some kind of test case that might have much wider implications in the long run, especially to others who find themselves in the same boat, and therefore it might help others over and above Satch

As to his UK citizenship status. He did have an unlimited time visa to stay here. Nobody pointed out either during the lead in to his trial, during the trial itself or his conviction, while he was in jail or since he came out that this would possibly be recinded through his actions. Complacency on his part? Perhaps so, but hey he's a young guy who was, in his opinion at least, very much part of the community he lived in and just "never got around" to making his perceived status official. Shame but there we go. Hopefully this answers your question.

Now I really think this debate has run its course from my own standpoint so I will get back to the job in hand if you dont mind (and yes a bit of a long planned holiday too - even thought the timing could have been better from my own point of view)

Cheers to all of you have given sensible perspective to this 'debate' which every 'side' you happen come from.

for da final time, my question re positive contribution wisna meant tae stir things up at all, regardless o whit folk mite think.

i wis simply interested, not knowing da guy too well, as tae whit he does, and figured also, dat it wid be a valuable tool for folk to ken whit he dus so dey cud see whit wud be missing if he wis to leave.

rather as jist saying he contributes, tell folk whit he dus. dis can only help da campaign as folk will ken exactly why he shouldn't be forced tae leave.

as for da idea dat i have "had my fun", why wid i waste aaboadys time daing something like dat? my aunts mither and sister are of 'foreign origin' and haven't been granted permission tae stay in Britain, and as such, are waiting for notification as tae when dey have tae leave and return tae their hame country.

i know whit dese sort o situation are lik and da heartache and sadness dey can cause, so i am not interested in stirring things up fir sumwan else. by all means disagree wi me as to da importance or relevance o a point or question, but do not assume dat i do it oot o mischief or a desire tae hae fun at sumwan elses expense.

dere, i've said my piece :wink:

equivalent of a poison pen letter to a campaign member and his rantings are, although on an APPARENTLY different subject,

If this letter is on an diffrent subject can i ask a question?

1 whats it got to do with Shetlink?

2 whats it got to do with any one else?

What subject was it about?

Fact that it can be a coincidence since we all have other responsibilities outside the campaign what hapens there, hapens there.

We all get e-mail and post that we dont like. But we dont think its because we are involved in one group or another.

I dont think it should be dragged into this - it muddels the line up.

for da final time,

Can I just say, if there's only ever one thing in life you can be genuine about, PLEASE PLEASE let it be that :!:

why dis post?

why carry things on?

can du nae jist drap it?

its dese catty soonding remarks dat keep da bad feeling going.

let's jist move on people :roll: