SIC Elections - 3rd May, 2012

Mutley

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest posiedon

I had a leaflet hand delivered today for the guy I had already decided for No 1, half an hour later I got the same leaflet in the post, A4 envelope and a stamp :?

Didn't think they were allowed to campaign today :? Thought today was the one day you got to be free of the blighters. Good luck to all those standing tomorrow, I have finally decided who I'm voting for, not because I believe they'd make great local councillors, only that they wouldn't be as bad as the others.

Just heard the returning officer on BBC Radio Shetland talking about a government leaflet explaining how to vote using the Single Transferable Vote system. Pity mine arrived after I had cast my postal vote but certainly this is something that the government need to think about for future elections.

I've just been unable to get in anyway enthusiastic about this election :? .

I see nobody with any real fire or radical agenda and suspect whoever gets in will pretty soon be assimilated into the SIC machine and end up going with the flow - as seems to happen nowadays.

As far as my ward goes, I would like to vote but just see absolutely nothing there to vote for......

All the information you should need is on the back of your Poll Card which you should have received weeks ago.

Nope, read polling card nothing about the voting system on it, plenty about proxy voting etc, but not HOW to cast your vote, will be interesting if Jan Robert is able to tell us how many papers are spoilt by people putting in an X

All the information you should need is on the back of your Poll Card which you should have received weeks ago.

Nope, read polling card nothing about the voting system on it, plenty about proxy voting etc, but not HOW to cast your vote, will be interesting if Jan Robert is able to tell us how many papers are spoilt by people putting in an X

Instructions will be on actual ballot paper. As well as on signs inside the Polling Place. Polling staff will be able to help folk that are unsure what to do.