Teenagers in Shetland

peeriewife

Yeah the problem there is that it actually only happened friday afternoon, i dont know if the police have done anything about it, but i know who he is and i know he's trouble, most people who know him know that... and im not trying to stir up anything, in fact, thats why im speaking on this :) i wish people would just treat everyone the same! i live my life by the rule 'treat people how you would wanna be treated'.

We await Friday's print of the local press with baited breath!!!

If it did occur which I very much doubt and the police have not done anything about it. What are these piggies being paid for?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may or may not be relevant, but I viewed this link earlier in the day and there was some additional text (since deleted) which I suspect may have been the text in the original file sent by the police to the Shetland News website (which they pretty much summarised verbatim). Each of the 4 reports had a number (a case number?) after the title, and there were some missing. I can't remember the exact numbers but I noticed that, say, there was ASSAULT - xx7310, BREACH OF THE PEACE xx7410, etc xx7910, and etc xx8210. I wonder if the missing numbers in between were other offences reported to the police this weekend? I admit that I am just guessing here, but I suspect not every incident reported to the police is subsequently reported in the 'News'.

You'd think, eh? Having been on the receiving end of a knife-wielder I can assure you it's given the same little block of text as a broken window or drink-driving offence. (And they call it 'presenting a knife' to the victim, like it's wrapped up in giftwrap or something.... :? )

This may or may not be relevant, but I viewed this link earlier in the day and there was some additional text (since deleted) which I suspect may have been the text in the original file sent by the police to the Shetland News website (which they pretty much summarised verbatim). Each of the 4 reports had a number (a case number?) after the title, and there were some missing. I can't remember the exact numbers but I noticed that, say, there was ASSAULT - xx7310, BREACH OF THE PEACE xx7410, etc xx7910, and etc xx8210. I wonder if the missing numbers in between were other offences reported to the police this weekend? I admit that I am just guessing here, but I suspect not every incident reported to the police is subsequently reported in the 'News'.

but I suspect not every incident reported to the police is subsequently reported in the 'News'

^^ I would say thats the case, i reported something as i was asked to by the insurance company, so they could get the incident number, but obv that doesnt get reported in the news.

You'd think, eh? Having been on the receiving end of a knife-wielder I can assure you it's given the same little block of text as a broken window or drink-driving offence. (And they call it 'presenting a knife' to the victim, like it's wrapped up in giftwrap or something.... :? )

So are you saying that a drink driving offence is only worthy of the same little block of text as a broken window?

i was walking 2 miles from work in the brief sunshine we had... when i realised something that SO many people forget to account for... :P

the adults in shetland are probably worse with drink, and worse for causing trouble... but this is pretty much always over looked by the fact that;

A- noone cares how much they drink cause its legal... it just seems worse for the kids to drink because it's also breaking the law...

B- they do it in houses, flats, pubs etc.. whereas the teenagers cant go into these places, so automatically get critised for hanging out at the street, but where else is there? Islesburghs a no no when footballs on... just full of people watching it so we cant sit and talk there...

I'm just hoping that soon enough there'll be places for the kids to go... i mean, we usually get shouted at for being in obvious places for kids to be... but i know this will cause alot of people to not like me here... but i REALLY HATE football... so i ahte the fact that the council spend sooooo much money on all the football pitches in lerwick, yet cant build a place to just sit... :P surely someone here will agree...?

I'm just hoping that soon enough there'll be places for the kids to go... i mean, we usually get shouted at for being in obvious places for kids to be... but i know this will cause alot of people to not like me here... but i REALLY HATE football... so i ahte the fact that the council spend sooooo much money on all the football pitches in lerwick, yet cant build a place to just sit... :P surely someone here will agree...?

Yup, I'll agree. Can't stand football, never have. Back in the day we either hung out in the Snack Bar, Solotti's, or the Mission, each different in their own way, and largely attracting a slightly different crowd, or in sundry street shop windowsills, mostly Don Leslie's. The Snack Bar and Mission are long gone, and I know nothing about Solotti's, I abandoned going there when Walter retired, the "no-smoking" was the death knell, and would have been for younger folk as a hang out too, it was "smoker's central" back in the day.

It never endeared up to passing pedestrians that we cluttered up shop-windows, hence we tended to move from one to the other just to lessen the aggro, unless in the evenings, we got peace then, but it was also boring on an empty street, and all very weather permitting anyway.