New County Manager

kirsty

I agree with you Wheest, as far as Im aware JJ said that he would be interested but he wanted the Association to advertise that the post was available in the press to make sure that there was no complaints that it was just a shoe-in and nobody else who was interested had gotten the chance to apply.

Though if anyone had read the article in the Times about the resignation of Mr Bristow then you would have thought they would make themself available if they wanted the job, instead of sitting at hame waiting for a phone call?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you Wheest, as far as Im aware JJ said that he would be interested but he wanted the Association to advertise that the post was available in the press to make sure that there was no complaints that it was just a shoe-in and nobody else who was interested had gotten the chance to apply.

Though if anyone had read the article in the Times about the resignation of Mr Bristow then you would have thought they would make themself available if they wanted the job, instead of sitting at hame waiting for a phone call?

It's the Shetland way. I would love to do it but nobody has asked me!

I spoke to my http://www.uksafari.com/postcard/pictures/mole.jpg and he has assured me that your not in the running.

I spoke to my http://www.uksafari.com/postcard/pictures/mole.jpg and he has assured me that your not in the running.

:lol: :lol: :lol: tabliod journalism at its best!

The county boys tell me that they have spoken to John last weekend in Stornoway and is the players choice. He WAS offered the position at the last Association meeting, but wanted the appointment above board and give any other suiter the opportunity to come forward for the good of Shetland Football.

I had a go at John before because he fell out quite seriously with the Thistle players last season causing him to resign and even one of his pals ( Malcolm Jamieson) dubs him "The white John Barnes"

That was why I asked Thistle players for their opinions. This is a VERY serious appiontment!!

Has John Johnson not resigned from posts about 100 times now. He gave up the Thistle job in 1996, halfway through the season, and went to play in goals for Yell or Northern Rovers or someone. He rarely sticks a job and would be unlikely to stick the Sheltand one, especially if he has to do all the work like Niall Bristow had to.

I had a go at John before because he fell out quite seriously with the Thistle players last season causing him to resign and even one of his pals ( Malcolm Jamieson) dubs him "The white John Barnes"

That was why I asked Thistle players for their opinions. This is a VERY serious appiontment!!

First I heard about him falling out with the Thistle players?

And why does he get called "the white John Barnes"? What are the reasons behind it?

Has John Johnson not resigned from posts about 100 times now. He gave up the Thistle job in 1996, halfway through the season, and went to play in goals for Yell or Northern Rovers or someone. He rarely sticks a job and would be unlikely to stick the Sheltand one, especially if he has to do all the work like Niall Bristow had to.

Nobby, apt name really.

So thats it John Johnson has resigned from post "about 100 times now", crepe!

As I said before, give a man chance, and that is nothing like giving a man a chance.! Is it really any wonder few people will put their hands up and do anything volutantarily nowadays?

Pathetic.