Money

Redrobbie99

If any millionaire feels that they don't want to be a millionaire any longer, can they PM me and I'll be very happy to relieve them of their burden.

[Edit] Minor Nigerian nobility and ex banking employees need not apply, I'm still waiting for all the multi-million transfers you've promised me stretching back the last 20 years....[/Edit]

Edited by Ghostrider

I have been reliably informed that the figure is well over 300 the point being as the gape between the rich and the poor in Shetland seems to be escalating each year how long can this continue? .We are told Shetland is a classless society but with this glaring disparity in wealth it is bound to breed discontent and division .The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer .

Edited by Redrobbie99

its the truth, Greed not need is the cause fir the gap , greed and the lack of opportunity , capital investment in small businesses from trade and industry and dinna forget they will be crawling out of the wood work seeing as shetland is such an excellent place that money canna buy. Fiona , get back on playing the bingo for gods sake and maybe we can win me a new van, i wish. Eh Tez.

I don't think the gap between rich and poorer has been getting wider, its always been pretty wide. Its just that the wealthy were better at hiding it in the past. As MJ said a million today is worth a lot less than a million ten or twenty years ago. Any crofter who owns his own land and house is probably worth that on paper.

Hard to know if the gap is widening or not. Certainly Shetland appears less affluent than it was previously, if you take the increase in things such as food banks as a sign of that. 

With our small population, abundant resources and strategic location there should be NO poverty in Shetland, or at least none that isn't utterly self inflicted. We have the opportunity to improve everyone's quality of life, if only a majority had the will.