Anime, Manga, Toku, Japanese animation etc

Aims

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ah I love Totoro :) And other similar things such as the Cat Returns, Spirited Away & Howls moving castle - with all of these movies there's the odd moments though that do kinda confuse me :D

(maybe that's why I like them... hmmm... :roll: )

... and love the catbus of course!!

http://www.concretebadger.net/images/blog/oavs-and-movies/my-neighbour-totoro-5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely love anime, my mate just lent me Outlaw Star, which is meant to be amazing. I love Manga and read all the Akira novels after watching the film and they're much better (isn't a book always better than the film?) Katsuhiro Otomo who did Akira created a novel called Domu which is just briliant and has to be checked out by all Manga fans. And yes, Urotsukidoji (legend of the overfiend) cannot be used as an example of good anime unless your into the erotic cartoony kind (Hentai). Made the mistake of Thomas lending me it in 5th year and not telling me what it was about and telling the hostel boys to come watch it too in the 6th year hostel room. Both them and myself were in for a bit of a shock... haha! :o :? :lol:

Oh and noticed matthew mentioning bout the ring trilogy's... Japanese horror's far creepier as western horror and usually doesn't have that in a happy ending which is always the best! When America re-makes Japanese horrors they just destroy them, i wish they'd leave them well alone, they made the grudge look like a walk in the park compared to the original which was just creepy as hell. Oh and Matthew you know me and I love manga!!! So you know at least one!

• 1 month later...

I've just finished watching all the series of "Rozen Maiden". T'was pretty awesome I thought. I've started watching "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu" which is really strange, the humour is quite dark and I'm struggling to get into it . Ah yeah almost forgot about "Witchblade", that rocks the shop.

• 1 month later...
I just got Hellsing on dvd after reading da manga, hope the animation version is as good.

Good call:

"Releasing Control Art Restriction Systems three...two...one, approval of Situation A recognized. Commencing the Cromwell invocation. Ability restrictions lifted for limited use until the enemy has been rendered silent."

:twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKwch-Z_oyE&feature=related

List of episodes dubbed to english 1-13 here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=timelessninja&page=1

• 8 months later...