Comics! anyone? Comics!

DeMascus

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I amj notv ashamed to sat I have read 2000ad since it started, and get it and teh Judge Dredd Megazine deklivered regularly. the anticipation when you have a good story arc is great. I remember sneaking out of the school playground to spwend my pocket money on the first isseu and have never looked back. Like any good thing, it has had its bad momnts and poor storys but when its good its grrreat.

Comics made me want to read when school didnt. Then i got into books and while my spelling and grammar may not be the best (plus i'm a lazy typist :!: , i now spend a fortune on Am,azon and read both books and comics voraciously.

I have to say that in recent years one fo mky favourites has been the Mike Mignola "Hellboy". I remember looking at the artwork first time i read it and thinking "crap" but you grow to appreciate and it is visually stunning.

Anyways, thanks you to 2000AD and the plank in the silly green facemask pretending to be an alien, it gave me a love opf comics that sees me in Forbuiden Planet and Plan 9 any and evry chance i get. explaining to my kids that they cant read them (theyre still too wee for some of the mature content stuff, secially Preacher!!!) can be hard and makes me lookm liek a big kid meself, but hey thyre like books and in the hosuehold i was brought up in, you lokkd after books because money wasnt overflowing and books (and comics to a wee boy!) cost too much to use badly. i am proud of teh thousands of comics i have, and have started my nephews on them as soon as they were oldf enough top appreciate them.

As ABC Warriors would say, Spread the Word! (I know! I know! how sad! :roll: )

• 2 weeks later...

Used to read 2000AD. Funnily enough one of the boys in the office has started buying it every week to read on the way to work (he's a cartoonist by trade), so I've started again recently. It's alright for passing 15 minutes when I should be working.

Preacher and Sandman are both ace. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is also worth checking out, far better than the Hollywoodised version.

I preferred the film version of A History of Violence tho.