black lives matter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53195939?fbclid=IwAR0_Z3AWLHHkYuAzA4tyyryXwGifZuSCZEMpazzDVD3W35MysX6hq2kvPR4

So, I assume they'll be numerous 'Terrorist Lives Matter' protests, riots etc worldwide this weekend then. After all, I'm sure there must have been some way of 'restraining' this dude without turning him in to a collander.

If there isn't then we'll have all the proof needed that all this BLM guff of late was nothing but opportunist bandwagon jumpers pot stirring.on the part of those who started it.

You really are grasping at straws here.

Edited by Davie P

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53195939?fbclid=IwAR0_Z3AWLHHkYuAzA4tyyryXwGifZuSCZEMpazzDVD3W35MysX6hq2kvPR4

So, I assume they'll be numerous 'Terrorist Lives Matter' protests, riots etc worldwide this weekend then. After all, I'm sure there must have been some way of 'restraining' this dude without turning him in to a collander.

If there isn't then we'll have all the proof needed that all this BLM guff of late was nothing but opportunist bandwagon jumpers pot stirring.on the part of those who started it.

Learn to read as you've linked to an article that does not support what you've spent time from your own life banging out on your keyboard. Perhaps try some history books?

History books tell me that not all that long ago, and for 8 years the great ole U.S of A had a black American (okay, half black) Prez.

If all this racism, police brutality or whatever its become this week is so historic and endemic within US society, where in hell was he when it came to 'saving' his (half) brother and sisters from this alleged continuing 'oppression'......

Pile of baloney the lot of it, black Americans needn't think themselves 'special' when it comes to police brutality, there's plenty of coppers in every country worldwide who'll put you in hospital, set you up or frame you just for looking at them the wrong way whether you're red, white, blue, green, yellow, black or rainbow striped.

BLM at its roots is just a scheme to bleed more get out of jail cards and welfare checks from bleedin heart liberals. You can't be gangsta in da 'hood where if anybody other than black ventures in they're lucky to leave alive, but be the poor downtrodden and oppressed too when it suits. Its just taking the pith to try it on.

Edited by Ghostrider

Where are the plaintive cries now on here regarding this supposed "police state" we are living in?

Just take a look at what has been happening in this country this last while. Marchers demanding justice for the "downtrodden" by wanton destruction, arson attacks, physical violence, and the hurling of missiles at a battleworn police force. Mass gatherings despite the fact we are in the middle of a pandemic, and the breaking and entering and looting of commercial premises. The defacing and destruction of historic monuments and monuments to the fallen in the world wars. The illegal parties now taking over areas of London and the riots that follow. The mass invasions of our beaches in the middle of this pandemic, where these imbeciles have left tons of rubbish and even faeces to be cleaned up by others. One of these beach bums is quoted as saying: "I don't know anybody who has had the virus so it doesn't matter if I come here."  Is that representative of the IQ of these people? Should they be allowed to breed?

They get away with this behaviour because we are not in a police state! Perhaps we should be, and perhaps to halt this insanity we will have to call in the troops, and take the line that a police state would take.

Then maybe the ones on here complaining about a police state would have something to complain about.

Where are the plaintive cries now on here regarding this supposed "police state" we are living in?

More to the point, who is referring to this supposed "police state" in this BLM thread?

The mass invasions of our beaches in the middle of this pandemic, where these imbeciles have left tons of rubbish and even faeces to be cleaned up by others.

Wow. You managed to link people pooping on a beach to BLM. Good work.

Edited by Davie P

Just take a look at what has been happening in this country this last while. Marchers demanding justice for the "downtrodden" by wanton destruction, arson attacks, physical violence, and the hurling of missiles at a battleworn police force. Mass gatherings despite the fact we are in the middle of a pandemic, and the breaking and entering and looting of commercial premises. The defacing and destruction of historic monuments and monuments to the fallen in the world wars. The illegal parties now taking over areas of London and the riots that follow. The mass invasions of our beaches in the middle of this pandemic, where these imbeciles have left tons of rubbish and even faeces to be cleaned up by others. One of these beach bums is quoted as saying: "I don't know anybody who has had the virus so it doesn't matter if I come here."  Is that representative of the IQ of these people? Should they be allowed to breed?

They get away with this behaviour because we are not in a police state! Perhaps we should be, and perhaps to halt this insanity we will have to call in the troops, and take the line that a police state would take.

Then maybe the ones on here complaining about a police state would have something to complain about.

Some people have the governments de facto permission and others don't.

it depends if the protests are of strategic benefit to the establishment.

We'll be in attendance to facilitate a planned Black Lives Matter vigil at Keel Square in #Sunderland tonight.

A Section 14 order is in place forbidding any other public assembly, including counter-protests, to ensure the public's safety. Anyone with concerns should ring 101.

https://twitter.com/...149988981125123

BLM doesn't do anything to challenge the establishment besides blowing off steam and feel good Craptavisim,

But protesting potential government overreach due to the lockdown poses the risk of a reformist movement actually forming as a result.

and they cant have that

Golf leads to racist trees

BLM doesn't do anything to challenge the establishment besides blowing off steam and feel good Craptavisim,

But protesting potential government overreach due to the lockdown poses the risk of a reformist movement actually forming as a result.

and they cant have that

I support the principles of BLM, so presumably I'm part of 'they'. You may think I engage in Craptavism (whatever that is), but what do you mean by "protesting potential government overreach due to the lockdown poses the risk of a reformist movement actually forming as a result."?

Are you interested in discussion, or is it just a case of throwing some theories and vague sentences around and expecting folk to try to decipher what you mean?

and they cant have that

I support the principles of BLM, so presumably I'm part of 'they'. You may think I engage in Craptavism (whatever that is), but what do you mean by "protesting potential government overreach due to the lockdown poses the risk of a reformist movement actually forming as a result."?

Are you interested in discussion, or is it just a case of throwing some theories and vague sentences around and expecting folk to try to decipher what you mean?

Im saying that the movement against the lock-down actually challenges the agenda of the establishment,

Whereas as the BLM solidarity movement is empty platitudes

Craptavism Crap -> Activism

When the lockdown lifts will these middle class white BLM solidarity demonstrators go to the poorer parts of the UK where most of these "Black lives" actually live and invest in things that would actually alleviate poverty?

NO

Nobody wants to live in a ghetto and more and more parts of the UK are turning into them there are things that can be done to both open doors for these people to get away from poverty and also make ghettos less insufferable places to live,

But that means people of all races are affected by these issues which is less marketable.

Is picketing your “Solidarity” with BLM going to make any difference?

is anything of tangible value going to be produced or is it juts feel good politics?

Edited by NullVoid

Is picketing your “Solidarity” with BLM going to make any difference?

is anything of tangible value going to be produced or is it juts feel good politics?

I think there is a difference between supporting the principles, and picketing/protesting.

During the surge in BLM activity over the past few weeks my 'contribution' has been to engage in materials and discuss issues. I have no grandiose idea that my thoughts or actions will have a direct or consequential difference to the lives of black people. However, many of my long held attitudes have changed, as have those of many people I know. But in the big scheme of things, this is of little significance.

One of the challenges of those who are actively protesting is to articulate their demands. Even more vehement BLM supporters I know are challenged by what the goals are beyond raising awareness, avoiding the use of offensive language and actions, and highlighting a perception of institutionalised racism in organisations such as the police (which is an issue that predates BLM and has been the subject of many inquiries and inquests). Most other issues are already covered by laws.

However, I believe these broad goals are in themselves worthwhile.

Edit: for clarity, I believe that trying to avoid offending people comes down to basic manners and respect. We're on a slippery slope when attempts are made to legislate against offending people

Edited by Davie P

NullVoid , for Christ's sake have a word with yourself. Do you really believe this nonsense you post? I am concerned with reality, perhaps you could find a minute or two to consider this option.

it depends what you mean, i have made a lot off sarcastic posts but for example i don't literally believe that trees are racist etc

As for BLM being pro establishment, Find me a dissenting voice within mainstream politics besides the odd third party candidate even Trump is saying "George Floyd is smiling from haven" about some new reform proposition he had

Could you be more specific?

Interesting article that gives incite into the Baizuo mindset.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/us/minneapolis-george-floyd-police.html

A Minneapolis Neighborhood Vowed to Check Its Privilege. It’s Already Being Tested.

Blocks from where George Floyd drew his last breaths, residents have vowed to avoid the police to protect people of color. The commitment is hard to keep.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/us/minneapolis-george-floyd-police.html

One of the boys pointed a gun at Mr. Erickson’s chest, demanding his car keys.
Flustered, Mr. Erickson handed over a set, but it turned out to be house keys. The teenagers got frustrated and ran off, then stole a different car down the street.

Two days after an initial conversation, his position had evolved. “Been thinking more about it,” he wrote in a text message. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

These aren't isolated incidents it does appear that for some races the individual is not responsible for their own actions but some races are according to the Baizuo mindset.

interesting.