Celebrity Big Brother

I see she has been dropped as the face of a bullying charity.

Ironic, considerin it wis da auld miss UK an da singer wife dat wis yornin.

Also wirth pointin oot dat folk has already left da hoose fur being bored an no haen clean drawers..

Just watchin da Indian lasses midder on TV sayin its just a game an dirs no racism involved..

Nae fear o her gettin on da front page dan! :lol:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just pretty sad that the appalling behaviour on the show is being carried out by three people from the UK. I agree with Spencey that there is some poetic justice in the fact that Jade will be destroyed by the very show that 'made' her. She really is a boot of the first order and symbolises all that is currently wrong with society. I guess you could feel sorry for her as she's had no strong role models in her life to tell her that she behaves like an ignorant baboon, and has only a demented goblin for a mother. But even the most maladjusted person - and Jade may be that person - should realise that she's a complete anus of a person and needs to change her ways. Her problem with Shilpa is totally derived from her own insecurities. I hate the way she also takes some sort of pride about mouthing off at somebody and not behind their backs. She seems to think this is the best possible thing someone could do! The idea of trying to be dignified and civil is completely alien. She's part of this idea in society that it's totally right to do whatever you feel like doing, man. She has no idea that people in society also have a responsibility to act respectfully to other people and treat people with genuine courtesy and respect rather than act like an ignorant bully all the time.

Oof - needed to get that off my chest.

As for the news coverage, I think it's great. It's either Celebrity Big Brother in the headlines or a boring story about interest rates or something. I know which story I'd rather watch!

........She really is a boot of the first order and symbolises all that is currently wrong with society.

As for the news coverage, I think it's great. It's either Celebrity Big Brother in the headlines or a boring story about interest rates or something. I know which story I'd rather watch!

:lol: :lol:

:wink:

Point taken Njugle! :oops:

But I do think Big Brother is much maligned for all the wrong reasons. Sure, it's contrived but it does actually get people talking about real issues as human nature is displayed in the raw. Therefore I think it is natural for it to be compelling.

As I have said before, the importance of the Big Brother house should not be underestimated. It generates much more interest than that other reality horror show at Westminster we call the Houses of Parliament. And I would argue the the people in the Big Brother house - Indian princess and brainless, skanky doughballs like Jade - are more representative of the UK population as a whole than the inmates inhabiting the House of Commons!

You don't know how lucky you are. Not having a TV I miss all of this top drawer entertainment.

I did watch a couple of episodes a while ago. In the days of Nasty Nick.

I am not sure if I have recovered from the excitement of it all yet.

Can anyone tell me how Ena Sharples and Minnie Caldwell are doing. I have been worrying a lot about them :cry:

Until this evening I have seen none of the current series of Big Brother. So I downloaded the last couple of episodes from 4 On Demand....

Normally if I watch these things and dont really care, but I was watching them outraged and shouting at my screen at just how ridiculous the whole thing was...

I cant believe i am reading some of the replys here. What we are watchng on this show is not rasicm its far from it. What everyone seems to be forgeting is that this women is an ACTRESS there for she is good at putting on a show. i would like to remind people about big brother last year. Can you all remember Glyn? the by from Wales. Now, when other house mates made fun of his accent and of wales did anyone even mention the word rasicm? NO. so why do it now? its just the same thing the only diferance being that the so called 'victim' here is a celebrity. Why should it be ok to make fun of a non celeb and but not a celeb? i totaly agree with jade i too feel that Shilpa is a fake she shows no real emotion. Her real problem is that she is used to havin everything done for her and having a big entourage of people who jump every time she clickes her fingers she thinks she is better than everyone else. I think she made a mistake by doing this show, it is not in her culture and it was always going to cause problems as the culture and class difference was just to big and she would have know that before she went in to the house. It is after all jst a game and she knew this when she signed up.

To quote the master commentator Terry Wogan, the word celebrity should be taken outside, shot, and given a decent burial.

The whole thing is utter bilge, and as usual with anything in this country when anybody of ethnic diversity is singled out, for whatever reason good or bad, the whole populous collectively sh*t themselves that we may be causing offence, God/Allah forbid, and an almighty Jihad will be launched against us.

Do we not all get called Jocks/sheep lovers/cave dwellers/ soothmoothers/rednecks/Jimmies/Geordies/Scousers/Paddys/Taffys/

Weegies/Cockneys/Brummies/Northerners/Southerners/Porridge munchers/curry munchers (oops, can't say that one can we :roll: )/yockels/toonies.........YES

Do any of us really care? NO!

And yes it is disgusting that the Beeb should put this as their headline story, when yet another soldier is killed in Afghanistan, and a hundred thousand more important reportable things are going on around the world.

But as stated C4 have got another 1m viewers for it, so it can only be a good thing.

Sheesh, all this ranting has made me hungry, think I'll phone for an Indian......

Weel i dunno how mony watched it dastreen (probably millions mair due tae da media's blatany advertisin) but dey must be left wi eeg on dir faces daday!

It wis naethin mair dan twa weemin faa'n oot becis wan o dem made an muckle sphincter o cookin da tay. Soonds silly, but dats da waye it wirks in yun game becis idder dan mak maet dir naetihing idder tae do.

Onywaye, say whit you want aboot her, Jade keens how tae play da game, dey hed a rant, she wis totally in da right, da idder lass did da stereotyped stormin aff thing.

An wha wis it dat brought up da race issue?

Hmmm..

Onywaye, i tink we can aa agree dat regardless o whit colour your skin is, tryin tae cook a chicken under a grill earns you da right tae be made a fool o.. :D

Onywaye, i tink we can aa agree dat regardless o whit colour your skin is, tryin tae cook a chicken under a grill earns you da right tae be made a fool o..

Fair point Spinner.

But at least Shilpa actually does make the effort to cook. Jade and her feckless crones just sit there and expect to be fed like battery chickens, and then snipe like ungrateful swine when it's not to their liking. They should get off their ignorant arses and contribute something for the collective.

The racism thing has been totally blown out of proportion, the way the press are reacting to it I was expecting to see a group wearing white sheets and a burning cross in the Big Brother garden.

Some of the comments that have come from Jade Goody's lot have been questionable, but not really in a racist way. They've just exhibited that they know absolutely nothing about Shilpa's culture or background and instead of attempting to find out more about it, they've made sniping comments behind her back and managed to out themselves as ignorant morons. More than anything else, they are guilty of believing stereotypes.

True, but I can't help but feel that the world would be a slightly better place if Jade and her simpering acolytes simply ceased to exist!

I recently read that her old man was "A pimp turned heroin addict and thief, he was thrown out of the family home by his wife because he stashed guns under the cot"... I'm no psychologist, but I'm guessing that might have effected her just a wee bit... 8O

No doubt.

This whole debacle, regardless of if she is shown to be racist or not, will probably end her media career.

We should maybe run a "sprootle Bingo" game after some of them come out of the house, 10 points goes to the one who can find the phrase "I'm not racist, I have lots of black friends" in any of the interviews when they leave the house.

Interesting ta see da backlash happening following last nights show. Seems like its Shipla who isna goin ta hae much o a career left efter dis!

At da moment of coorse... by da time its feenished dir wil be naething mair aboot it.

Someane should send offcom a tape or twa fae da year Cameron Stoot wis in muckle bridder if spikin efter somane is a crime!

I hae a feeling Big Bridder, an da contestants as a whole, hae absolutley nothing tae worry aboot. I hear somebody caught an episode o "it aint half hot mum" on freeview da idder night, offcom is recruitin as we spik.. :wink: