What are you looking forward to?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to 'Repo! The Genetic Opera'.

Basically it's set in about fifty odd years time. Organ failure becomes a nasty epidemic and so a company called GeneCo rises to prominence. They sell organs to people, who are then expected to pay back in instalments. If a payment is missed they get a repo man to come and reclaim the organ by whatever means possible.

For anyone in Edinburgh or Glasgow, it's on at the Edinburgh Filmhouse on the 11th March, and at the Glasgow Film Theatre on the 12th, as well as being released on DVD and Blu-Ray on the 9th. Go check it out. For info: www.repo-opera.com

• 2 weeks later...

^I'm hoping they pick up the pace as the last series and this one seem arne't up to snuff in my book. Fingers crossed anyroad.

Here's a couple of rehashes I'm not looking forward to:

1) The A-Team

Twentieth Century Fox has enlisted director Joe Carnahan to bring 1980s TV series The A-Team to the big screen, Variety reports.

The project, slated for a summer 2010 release, sees Ridley Scott producing with brother Tony in the exec producer's chair under their "Scott Free" banner. Canahan will rework a script by Skip Woods (G.I. Joe) to deliver a movie which "reflects on the real world without losing the great sense of fun and the velocity of action in a classic summer popcorn film", as the helmsman put it.

Carnahan added: "This was a coveted property, and reimagining a show that I remembered as a kid was tough to turn down. Fox hired me to make it as emotional, real and accessible as possible without cheesing it up."

Carnahan and the Scotts say they'll use "the original premise" of The A-Team as a jumping-off point for the film, although the Middle East will replace Vietnam as the warzone where the team was "accused of a crime they didn't commit".

According to the BBC, Bruce Willis and Ice Cube have been linked to the project, but the casting has yet to be confirmed.

2) The Thing

Variety has confirmed chilling rumours that Universal was planning to remake The Thing - a project described as a "re-imagining" of the classic which first hit the big screen in 1951 and resurfaced in John Carpenter's excellent 1982 adaptation.
Universal has commissioned Battlestar Galactica executive producer Ron Moore to tackle the script...

Oh, OK... sounds promising!

...while Matthijs Van Heijningen - whose previous credits include commercials for Bud Light, Heineken, Pepsi, Toyota and Visa - will occupy the director's chair.

Oh dear :?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...