Hill Walker on Ronas Hill

Styles

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dabuoyfaedanort
coz of the in-breeding?

Ony mair comments like yun and ye shall be banished to Ronas Hill to wander aimlessing forevermore in nowt but a thin sark and with a mobile phone with only ten minutes charge remaining.

I widna be so kind as to gee her ony mobile phone....

From Shetland News...

Mr Webster said that he was concerned at one point during the rescue that the man might not survive his ordeal, and that they had been lucky to have had the "eagle eyes" of Mrs Herridge who first saw the torch light flashing.

Does this mean she has three eyelids?

Ewww!

Is she a Shetlander? Could be a result of the inbreeding?

I heard he was advised not to go but hey what to hell,were only shetlanders,we keen sausage all.

Maybe there should be some kind of test for people new to the islands to see if they know how behave and dress in extreme weather conditions and also they should have to sit a driving test in snow.

Just thought I'd add that it's not the first time this guy has got lost in the wilds of Shetland - he got lost the day before too!!! But that time he managed to wander around until he came across somewhere he recognised!

I really hope the authorities make this moronic idiot pay up.

Ps. Wonder where he'll wander off to tonight???

This is a pretty rare event in Shetland but seems to happen the whole time on the Scottish mainland with people who are ill equipt, setting out in bad conditions or when the forecast is bad. Then getting in trouble and having to be saved. I think they should have to pay atleast somthing to the rescue effort, if it was not a complete accident, i.e setting out with right equipment, good forecast and they fall and break their leg etc, then it should be free.

In some other countries you have to pay for your rescue even if its not your fault.

The guy was really lucky someone saw his light, just heard the folk who saw him on the radio and it sounded like it really was just luck. Otherwise he would be dead.

What a plonker.