Ness United & The Southern League

EISTnWAST

Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?

• Sleeping giant
    • A joke

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A more likely explanation wid be dat my version is more accurate. I'm happy to be corrected, tho. :?: Can du actually recall da Ernie Watson era or is du going by wan o da many SSC/NU myths...???

I canna recall dat far back, so yeah it's joost whit my sources have telt me. If Chis wis da man dat got him tae play, dan he wid mibee be da man tae ax? I'm no is Shetland tae ax him, so onybody dat wants tae seperate da facts fae fiction............

MiM is right. One penfold is worth 20 people.

BALLACK, good to have you ranting again. I do have to ask you though, where were you when we had the SLHF AGM?

A more likely explanation wid be dat my version is more accurate. I'm happy to be corrected, tho. :?: Can du actually recall da Ernie Watson era or is du going by wan o da many SSC/NU myths...???

I canna recall dat far back, so yeah it's joost whit my sources have telt me. If Chis wis da man dat got him tae play, dan he wid mibee be da man tae ax? I'm no is Shetland tae ax him, so onybody dat wants tae seperate da facts fae fiction............

MiM is right. One penfold is worth 20 people.

BALLACK, good to have you ranting again. I do have to ask you though, where were you when we had the SLHF AGM?

OK guys, a couple of Ernie Watson facts.

1. Ernie lived in Lerwick when he was in Shetland. He couldn't have played Southern League even if he wanted to. It's absolutey ludicrous to suggest there was a Southern League gentleman's agreement that no club would sigh him. The competitive nature of the SL back then meant that gentleman's agreements were non-existant. Somebody's takkin da piss wi' yun "story". :lol:

2. He worked as a scaffolder. Geordie Mitchell got him to play for Ness, not Chiz.

[mod]Deleted double post[/mod]

Sleeping giant!!

You need a good manager, plenty of youth in the ranks, some talent, a goal scorer and twenty super fit and committed players.

Ness certainly have a good manager, loads of talent (more that anyone else), have signed a goal scorer(Kevin Smith - a superb player who with a bit of cockyness and a swagger would be in the Shetland team, he can either score from deep or lead the line, he got the better of Stuart Hay twice last season) and I believe they have another twenty players who could get fit if they train this winter.

If Ness Utd finish in the bottom three next year it will have nothing to do with talent or managment it will be down to fitness and over inflated egos from players who talk the talk but do not walk the walk.

If the Ness senior players need to learn about commitment the manager should make them watch their under 12's and under 10's. Those guys are simply terrific. Young Casey and Thomson are simply outstanding for their age and neither will waste themselves playing for a bottom three side when they are older.

As for next season, get a B team, poach a couple of players, train hard and I believe the sleeping giant will begin to wake from his slumber.

My prediction is 5th spot next year and improve a place each season.

• 4 weeks later...

I AM HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER :D ......................................

but i still argue with referees. :cry: It's hard to respect a referee. However, i do repect one Southern League Ref who still wears a Scotland tracksuit top from the 1982 world cup. I mean that piece of clothing should be in the Southern League Hall of Fame Museum or it might even be worth something on ebay.