Ness United & The Southern League

EISTnWAST

Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?

• Sleeping giant
    • A joke

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already in hand db, forms have been got and the lady from the shetland council of social services I think is going to attend the meeting when we pass the date on to her to collecte the forms and make sure their filled in correctly.

Good stuff.

When and where is the meeting..??? Is it open tae aa'.....????

Thinking to have it round the middle of October, I was going to post out the forms to the managers so they could fill them in before the meeting, the meeting will be in Sandwick as usual for Ness United meetings, i'll let d ken what time and date once I get a night where most can attend, and yeah if people want to come along even if it is just to meet the teams managers or to get involved then they would be more than welcome.

Penfold, why are your posts always interrupting the bickering on this forum? You're going to make me start believing there has been a change in attitude from Ness :wink:

I sincerely hope the Disclosure Scotland nonsense doesn't have an adverse effect on juvenille football. How will it be applied to people who just want to help out when they can? Hopefully, we'll be able to have one person signed up to it at each age group, just to cover ourselves. Then everyone can just forget about it, because lets face it, who in their right mind thinks that this is an appropriate legislation for Shetland?

Penfold, why are your posts always interrupting the bickering on this forum? You're going to make me start believing there has been a change in attitude from Ness :wink:

I sincerely hope the Disclosure Scotland nonsense doesn't have an adverse effect on juvenille football. How will it be applied to people who just want to help out when they can? Hopefully, we'll be able to have one person signed up to it at each age group, just to cover ourselves. Then everyone can just forget about it, because lets face it, who in their right mind thinks that this is an appropriate legislation for Shetland?

Astonishing comments.....

Surely the purpose of the legislation is to protect some of the most vulnerable members of our community.....not '...just to cover ourselves...

Who in their right mind thinks this ISN'T appropriate legislation for Shetland?

Anyhoo...off topic, but it needed to be said.

Yeah i'll have to take that one on the chin :oops: I didn't make my point clear enough I think.

While I can see the value of this legislation, I was questioning how it's appropriate to juvenille football in Shetland. I'll be eating my words if something terrible happens, due to some undesirable type being involved in Shetland football.

But by the book, surely this could prevent someone from helping out on a casual basis. :?: IMHO the vetting of such people should be left down to the clubs themselves.

Sorry for any offence caused to anyone reading my post, who knows of a case where this legislation would have protected someone they know :oops:

It doesn't take long to fill out a disclosure Scotland form and if you have no criminal convictions then you really don't have anything to worry about, so i don't see why people should be put off helping by just filling in a form.

Although i do know of one instance where an individual had to stop taking a football team because this legislation was coming in, but i can't think many people presently working in junior and juvenille football that will be affected. You wouldn't want your children to be looked after with anyone with a serious criminal past but in Shetland its hard to keep things like that hidden anyway.

Someone did tell me (although i'm pretty sure they were speculating and quite anti-PC) that there may be problems in the future with Under 16's playing in senior sides, as they shouldn't be mixing together (basically sharing changing facilities).

Is this part of the disclosure Scotland thing aswell or is this just purely a made up rumour i've heard? If younger players weren't allowed to play seniors then it would severly hamper most teams in the A's!

The way it is all going is that as far as I'm aware any club that is applying for grants to fund junior football teams WILL have to have this in place,

The wife I spoke to at the Shetland council of social services was really helpful and explained all the things that were needed and the options the club could take, the best option I thought was the one where they administer the scheme for you and the only thing you need to deal with the is the returned form, which just has the applicants name and their disclosure number was the best, and after talking to her I could see the benefit to both the club and the parents.

Well if it really is as simple as filling in a form, and being able to help out a few days later, then I can't see a problem with it. It's a situation like stoichkov is talking about that worries me. More bureaucracy is the last thing we need to help with participation. Also, I wouldn't like to see the situation where the relevent department is inundated with forms from most of the people in Shetland.

I've been told before(only 1 or 2 times :P ) "yun wis a criminal miss", hope it doesn't mean I can't play football again :oops:

Well if it really is as simple as filling in a form, and being able to help out a few days later, then I can't see a problem with it. It's a situation like stoichkov is talking about that worries me. More bureaucracy is the last thing we need to help with participation. Also, I wouldn't like to see the situation where the relevent department is inundated with forms from most of the people in Shetland.

I've been told before(only 1 or 2 times :P ) "yun wis a criminal miss", hope it doesn't mean I can't play football again :oops:

It is simply a case of filling in a form. "A few days later" is extremely unlikely. I've heard of Disclosures taking over two months to clear. I agree we need to ken exactly what the rule is.

As far as I ken the club has to have a Child Protection policy in place. Exactly how it works has yet to be decided.

It wid be a shame if folk were prevented from helping out occasionally or worse still, not allowed to give bairns a lift to an away fixture.

If anyone hears anything concrete let wis ken, please.

Time for this thread to go back on topic about the forthcoming generation of Ness United global domination.

Well billy's I dont ken if there's much more to be said is der?

The history has been discussed, the socio-economics and how they affect the demi-graphic curve vis-a-vis the as to be seen latent talent the club has at its disposal, the top to bottom organogram and developmental flow chart have all been discussed in depth, and EistnWast's very well tought out poll question has been in the whole a positive endorsement of the clubs 10 year plan and all we need to do now, is to convince Ballack that his future lie's back on the bonnie isle making that late signature run from midfield to shoot from 18yrds that made him the first name on the Cunningsburgh team sheet, and a regular starter for Ness, the one thing we are as a club vexed over is we have been unable to help Wheest of da fence cos it must be sair sitting up yunder for so long :)