Dog Dirt Capital of the Northern Hemisphere?

BigMouth

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are laws regading dog owners etc but the bllody cats can shceidt anywher they like, and it is never in there owners garden!

I have two that come a do it my garden, tried all these products that are suppose to repel them but no they just keep coming back.

One off them is called lucky, it won't be if I get near it with a big stick when it has its trousers down!

I have two that come a do it my garden, tried all these products that are suppose to repel them but no they just keep coming back.

I used pepper in seriously big doses! Catering packs from Hughsons or Grays. Still touching wood here, but the cat seems to have moved on at last.

in parts of england, if yo dont clean up after your dog, the dog can be taken away from you. one solution in shetland would be more doggy bins, many folk do not lift the poop cause there ai nowhere to ut it, the doggie bins are very few and far apart. i use the normal rubbish bins if i have to

Has du tried any form of club? The theory is simple, give them a good clubbing.

Annider way wid be tae start feeding them, and as they gain dy trust, slowly introduce fishing hooks into their diet.

What you need is a bloody good gun then nothing will come into your garden

i think someone tried that in papa stour, i don't recall the details but i imagine it all worked out fine.

If someone did that to my dog I would throw a rock at them so hard it would bounce off their head and shatter their windscreen.

What you need is a bloody good gun then nothing will come into your garden

In light of the story of the cat being shot reported in this weeks paper, and subsequent police inquiry, posters her may be advised to tread carefully in terms of taste in this topic eenoo. :wink:

• 8 months later...

Bump!

The dark weather has returned and with it the piles of poo have started to appear again. One particular mutt unloads at the junction of South Rd and Burgh Rd. Look out for a 14 foot high dog. Well it must be huge, I practically have to climb over the turds daily. :evil:

Does every house in Lerwick have a pack of dogs?

There are such huge piles of dog turd on the street of Lerwick now that it is likely that they will have to be picked up on bulk rubbish day. Sometimes the piles are so big I have to step out into the road to walk around them.

Isn't this something that the Neighbourhood Support people are supposed to be tackling? They are supposed to be fining owners who let there animals crap in the street and don't pick up after them.

I am personally looking forward to the Neighbourhood Support lot getting there teeth into dog excrement.

What happens if the warden is a little Hitler. He could walk up to any dog owner in the street and say that’s a dog turd over there go and pick it up how dose the dog owner prove that it was or wasn’t his dog. Maybe the dog would have to prove it them selves “ Honest warden the Turds no mine, Woof Woofâ€