Three Little Pigs 'too offensive'

Styles

Consider if the comparison was between Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf and the Bible. After all most of the content of the Bible is in the Koran. In the England there are still blasphemy laws, though apparently the equivalent in Scotland is only breech of the peace.

Jerry Springer the Opera caused quite a few problems, including bomb threats, which made buses intresting in Aberdeen. Seem to remember there were problems with The Life of Brian as well, cinemas being set fire to etc.

Okay the Christian's in Europe aren't often militant, but look at the States where children are taught to shoot guns "For God".

Thing is how many of your friends count themselves as Christian? How many of them attend church more than once a week? Or at all? If someone insults their God do they get offended and defend their religion or do they shirk away from the subject. Maybe we should teach the Muslim world to as ashamed of their religion as European Christians are of theirs.

He makes the point though which is true that in Europe the christians would not get as rabid about it as the Muslims do i.e. killing people etc.

Interesting that in the last census in 2001 72% of the population said they are christians, this is probally even higher now with all the eastern europeans here now.

A fundimental freedom of the Uk should be to have free speach which is not stopped by PC do gooders, fear or intimidation.

My own guess would be that they thought there was something dodgy in the connotations of the story and in trying to define it they have made it a can of worms that it wasn't formerly. They should have just let it be admitted and ensured it did not win if they were bothered.

But while we are on the subject: It's overdue to weed out some of the other rot that pervades our cultural literature. "Goldilocks and the three bears" is rife with separatism. Surely it is obvious that those follicly challenged or with medical hairloss issues will be made to feel inferior by the connotation that she is in some ways glorified in her identity by the descriptive name she has, and not to mention the exclusion of brunettes and red-heads. In summary the absence of any registered name other than Goldilocks suggest that she should be re-titled for all further publications as "Person"

Notwithstanding the fact that the book is a glorification of breaking and entering and indeed theft, this element of the story line should be reamed out wit all due haste and a suitable substitute found, for instance, sitting pleasantly in the garden.

The usage of bears may be allowed, but their personification is counter to acceptable educational standard and must be dropped. As is their family unit status, which may cause single parent families to feel separated from this benchmark, and so perhaps one bear would suffice.

However, the placement of a young girl in close proximity to a dangerous wild animal is a serious safety issue and gives a grossly irresponsible portrayal of acceptable working practises and at this time we feel the bear to be counter-educational in this paradigm, pro-actively.

We look forward with interest to the forthcoming re-write, "Person in garden, behaving responsibly and learning something" forthwith.

Your analy,

EC PC

:P

I really really wanna post Matt Damon's speech from Dogma about "Through the Looking Glass" after reading that...

"No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter" that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or... or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do... what do they do? They... They dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner-being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions... by inhibiting our decisions, out of... out of fear of some... some intangible parent figure who... who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says... and says, "Do it - Do it and I'll darlingin' spank you. " "

sassermaet.

Earlier on today, I was at work when I heard a peerie boy in the shop singing what sounded like 'baa baa green sheep'! Wtf?! I couldn't believe it, I wanted to correct him.

I 'm afraid that's what taught now.. :roll:

Maybe we should just teach the youngsters the local version ....

Baa baa moorit yowe ...

Or would that not be PC either ...

Sadly I dunna tink so :cry:

I have to say that it's sad that it's come to that.

• 2 weeks later...

This is why I can't stand political correctness. It's racist, it really is. Saying you can't sing 'bah bah black sheep' is saying your singing something offensive, suggesting black as being bad. PC just gets to the point where it starts to offend people. I don't see how describing the colour of any ones skin can be racist as the varieties of colours makes for a more beautiful and interesting world.

^^^Marmalade, you are spot on. Political correctness is the biggest load of sharn ever.

I have a friend at uni who is 21, with a younger brother who is about 15 or 16. She remembers him coming home from nursery singing 'Baa baa white sheep', and being horrified. So she taught him the right version, but when he went to school singing it the following day the teacher put him in the corner. What a ridiculous thing to punish a child for! It just boils my p*** no end. :x

I can also remember the children's writer Anthony Horowitz (most famous for the Alex Rider books and adapting the Hercule Poirot stories as screenplays) complaining that political correctness limited writers, in that it became difficult for them to invent villains in their writing in case of causing offence. As a writer myself (albeit an unpublished one) I can relate to this. It's annoying having to limit what you say to keep everyone happy...