Lerwick South By-Election

proudshetlander

I voted yesterday at about 7pm and think there were only 3 other folk there.

I saw in the Shetland Times that 4 of the 8 candidates didnt bother to turn up for a poll hustings at Isleburgh. If they cant even be botherd with that when they are trying to get elected wonder how many meetings they would bother to show up for, wish i had seen that before i voted but luckly I didnt vote for any of them. What a disgrace.

I felt that when i was voteing i was having to this time out of the best of a bad bunch, none really looked that great to me, it was really a case of decideing who I didnt want in.

I have a friend who lives in Lerwick South and next time I hear her moaning about something the council has or has not done I will remind her that by not voting she has lost the moral right to complain about said council.

As have the rest of the 61% of the electorate who didn't vote.

The Shetland News Website has announced that Jonathan Wills has been returned as the new Council Member for Lerwick South.

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/

Ah well, the bressay brig or is it tunnel, teleport, or helicopter will hit the scene running now.

All the best Jonathan, and keep the fire lit under the backsides of those who need warmed up in da coonty (propbably all of the staff and members too).

:shock:

I have a friend who lives in Lerwick South and next time I hear her moaning about something the council has or has not done I will remind her that by not voting she has lost the moral right to complain about said council.

I don't think that the people who voted in the failed candidate have a right to complain either - they voted for the fool! :lol:

Can anyone remind me why he resigned in the first place. seem to remember the offical line was he couldn't be a journalist and an elected member or something. probbably a pm thing though, as don't want to get anyone into any trouble. Had folk asking me all day, I wasn't here back in 95.