CCTV at the Clickimin Broch

markj

I think the anti-personnel mines are a good idea, but what disturbs me is why do they want to vandalise any thing? It cant be because they are bored, Shetland youngsters have been bored for donkey's years and didnt do that sort of damage? There is more to do now in Shetland then there ever was, so boredom should be minimal. So what in Shetland Society has changed? Improvements are plentiful from when I was a youngster growing up in Lerwick, sure we did things we shouldnt have, but vandalism wasnt one of them. Its all too common down this way, but I did have high hopes for Shetland? CCTV seems to be modern crime detection thinking, seems to work in city centres, at least the police can see what happend on the camera as by the time they get there its normally all over.

• 5 months later...

Its no hard, put up a big steel spikey fence dat goes out a few feet into da loch and a locked heavy bu##er o a gate. The vandals wont want to get there trainers wet and cant get over the fence for da spikes. Or you could dig a moat and build a drawbridge wi a big rottweiler at da other side!