cheap accommodation in aberdeen?

We've always found the Brentwood Hotel in Crown St to be good. Weekend rates are £45 per room for single and £59 for double, midweek good bit more expensive at £90 and £99 per room but Shetlanders and Orcadians get a discount on that! There is a good restaurant too.

We have stayed in Blyde tae Bide apartments many times, we normally stay for a week each time when we go down, and find for the quality of their accommodation we cannot find it cheaper anywhere.

If you are looking for very basic accommodation then there is the red cross or many B&b's in Aberdeen, it depends what quality you are looking for, its like anything else you only get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...
The Brentwood is reliable, though is perhaps not 'cheap'. I stayed at the Travelodge last year and it was dire - as the reviews on Tripadvisor suggest. Wish I'd read them first:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186487-d226398-Reviews-Travelodge_Aberdeen_Central-Aberdeen_Aberdeenshire_Scotland.html

I guess I need to say thanks for that report about the Travelodge in Aberdeen as I am booked to stay there later this year. Just one night and not a weekend but I am starting to think about trying to alter my travel plans although there is always the drink option.....drink enough so I fall asleep despite the noise.

Guest Anonymous

I've used the Travelodge Central before, and although it isn't maybe the best, for price and location it takes a lot of beating.

It was clean and very quiet for a central hotel.

And if you're booking last minute, especially over a weekend, you may get prices a lot lower than the normally advertise.

The Central Travelodge on Bridge Street is always my/our first choice both for price and location. I've never been aware of a noise issue, but my one bit of advice, as with every hotel, is get in and get the windows open ASAP! Always too hot.

But yeah, late or early booked rooms can be as little as £9 per night, with £29 and £39 both common deals.

Even at the regular rate of £67, remember thats per room, including family rooms which sleep 3 adults (or more :wink: ) comfortably.

Second to that I reccomend trying the B&B's who advertise in the times. Nicols Guest house gets a special mention due to excellent service.

Be warned - the Travelodge doesn't have a luggage room so when you arrive off the ferry and you can't book in right away, you may need to put luggage into railway station left luggage office or lug it around for half the day!

I also found it a bit grubby - mouldy windowsills and shelves missing from wall - and noisy, especially at the weekend.

• 1 month later...

I stayed at Traveledge Central a couple of weeks back. I do have to say I'm in a wheelchair.

I came off the boat wondering if I could leave my luggage there and they booked me in no problem, there and then to my surprise. I had to change rooms the next day (I had to go a day earlier than I originaly planned so had to get double room 1st night instead of disabled one) and that went very smoothly and got help shifting my things. They were really, really helpful.

They had a temp manager in and I think they are getting new full time one this week. They are also in middle of getting refurbished. Yeah noise was a bit of a problem if your facing Union Street of a weekend.

Also Brother stayed at Brentwood and he thought it was great.