cheap accommodation in aberdeen?

Crown Street and Springbank Terrace are virtually wall to wall B&B's and guesthouses, though as Pooks said, finding a free room may not be easy.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=springbank+terrace+aberdeen+b%26b&meta=

Personal reccomendation goes to Nicols guest house, very friendly and great breakfasts!

Actually, the accomodation section in the Times might be your best bet. I see Roselea in Springbank offering £32 a night B&B, that'll be pretty hard to beat outside of a youth hostel.

You could always try Travelodge or Premier Travel Inn; OK they're soulless and could be absolutely anywhere - but usually clean, you know exactly what you're getting for your money and if your dates work out you might just get a very cheap night especially with Travelodge. If they claim to be fully booked for the night you want, just put them on a link and keep hitting it; because they have a reasonable cancellation policy it is quite likely that rooms will become available nearer the time if you are persistent. Has worked for me in London and Camberley.

Or if you fancy something a bit nicer try Laterooms.com - think it was someone on Shetlink who recommended that in the first place to me and it can be brilliant if you hit lucky!

Travelodge & premier want £73 per night which i think is excessive for budget accommodation

You know on the continent i stayed in whats called Etaps, just use your credit card on the door, about £20 to £30 per night great value, they are starting to appear over here now.

You could always try Travelodge or Premier Travel Inn; OK they're soulless and could be absolutely anywhere - but usually clean, you know exactly what you're getting for your money and if your dates work out you might just get a very cheap night especially with Travelodge. If they claim to be fully booked for the night you want, just put them on a link and keep hitting it; because they have a reasonable cancellation policy it is quite likely that rooms will become available nearer the time if you are persistent. Has worked for me in London and Camberley.

Or if you fancy something a bit nicer try Laterooms.com - think it was someone on Shetlink who recommended that in the first place to me and it can be brilliant if you hit lucky!

Have you tried the halls of residence? Even during term time they seem to have rooms esp at AU. Kings/Crombie is usually a safe bet and quite close to town (Must admit never booked less than fifty in Aberdeen but they have taken families)

Crown Street and Springbank Terrace are virtually wall to wall B&B's and guesthouses, though as Pooks said, finding a free room may not be easy.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=springbank+terrace+aberdeen+b%26b&meta=

Personal reccomendation goes to Nicols guest house, very friendly and great breakfasts!

Actually, the accomodation section in the Times might be your best bet. I see Roselea in Springbank offering £32 a night B&B, that'll be pretty hard to beat outside of a youth hostel.

We've used Nichols as well a few years back and it was fine. We had a problem a few weeks back trying to find last minute accommodation mid-week - we even considered going outside Abdn. Sprinbank Tce and Crown St either all had 'no vacancies' signs up or there was no answer. Hubby knew that Gt Western Rd was another place for B&Bs and we got a good one there, very nice family - the daughter & her hubby have just taken it over from Mum & Dad - Cedars Guest House - www.cedarsaberdeen.co.uk. 01224 583 225. About a mile from city centre, bus stop almost opposite, 5 mins on the bus.

The decor in some of the bedrooms may be a bit 60/70s but the daughter's planning gradual refurbishment. The rooms were fresh and clean and ours had a wee fridge which was quite handy.

We stayed in the Premier Inn recently and found it to be perfectly decent. Good value for money and the service was excellent. Maybe my standards aren't the highest in this regard, but it was my second stay there and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• 1 year later...

We stayed in City Wharf Appartments £60.00 a night sleeps four . All mod cons icluding wide screen tv . Maid service and copious supply of fruit bread rolls juice eggs cereal tea coffee and a welcome bottle of wine . You have the free use of gym round corner you could hire a wii or mobile phone and broadband supplied . Only downside it is only on Friday and Saturdays for cheap rate it's dearer thru week . The last time we were at a bed and breakfast we paid £35 .. a head .

• 1 month later...

I agree apartments are a very good option.

I have just booked a weekend in the Magellan Apartments, Justice Mill Brae, Aberdeen. For two of us to stay it's only £60 a night, which is braaly reasonable!

The place looks really lovely and has nice extras like widescreen T.V, DVD, Wifi, Jacuzzi, free on-site parking (bonus)! Pretty central too - just a hop and a skip from Union St!

Not been yet mind you.....so might be terrible :lol:

.....have read reviews though and seems to get top marks, so here's hoping it'll be as nice as it seems

:D

Skene House up Rosemount is good, especially the new apartment suites they have across the road now. Those are fantastic - especially those on the top floor.

Not been in there for 16months mind but I would trust its as good as it was. The older apartments were what they were. Mostly smelling of crude oil from the offshore workers and fags. Haven't stayed in that side since the smoking ban came into place - so again I would trust they too are even finer places to stay too!?

• 4 months later...