Shetland Football 2009??

penfold

The reason we are talking about certain decision and incidents is because the league has been so close.

It just adds to the excitement what would football be without incidents and decisions to debate.

There would be a lot less for all us to be talking about for a start.

For Unst boys to be going around saying they would rather Whalsay won the league is just nonsense.

They have a say in there own league position as well as where the title will end up.

They should look at the way Whitedale have performed over the last few games they could easily have had the same attitude and rolled over to both Delting and Whalsay in their last two league games.

But instead they wanted to catch Celtic in the league and move up the league as much as possible as they could and maybe should have been higher in the league this season.

They played excellent in both games taking points off the big two and could even have got more. Went on to win the cup final to finish the season on a real high(well done boys).

That last few games will give them the appetite over the winter into pre-season and the start of next season to carry on there form into next season.

I can’t see Whalsay slipping up now even if Unst were at full strength there is to much at stake.

I think anybody outside Delting will be wanting Whalsay to win it as everyone wants the underdog to come out on top.

Delting have been on top for so long now and deservedly so it’s up to other teams to raise there game to the same level to try and top that.

I still feel it’s a anti climax (except for Whalsay) to the season as all the last league game should have been played on the same night so the league would have come to a conclusion at the same time. I understand games have been postponed but it would have put more of a edge to it.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a reason delting are not liked, same reason that man utd in england.

When i team have been consitnatly and basically unbeatable for so long then people dont like them, maybe is jelousy.

But one thing is for sure the delts run is pretty much up, with no youth system in place to bring through youngsters, they have been relying on the same team for too long, maybe this is "twins" fault who knows. A lot of deltings prospects are now in the works league, and even else where i.e Danny Peterson.

Good luck to whalsay. They deserve it, a team who are constantly churning over good young boys, celtic like wise.

I think it is very disappointing how a game that should have been played on the 13th June is only being played on 7th September when all Unsts young players are back at college.

That'll be due to the orginal date being cancelled due to Manson Cup ties I think roadrunner, Ness v Unst from the 6th of June was moved for the preliminary round of the Manson Cup and it only got played on the 4th of September. Cup games take precedence and Whalsay and Unst are not the only teams it happend to this season, Delting v Thistle from the 7/8/09 moved due to the Fraser Cup final, only played on the 4/9/09, and Whitedale v Whalsay moved from the 29th of July to the 1st of September so that their Fraser Cup game could be played. Those changes were made so that cup games could be played and the cup competition completed. Once the game has been postponed then its hard to find a free date to fixture it in with a date that both teams can agree on.

Yes I agree it is unfortunate that this has happened but as I see it is largely a result of the very short season that we operate here in Shetland, rather than anything more sinister.

We have to fit in an awful lot of football (not just Premier Games but B league, Works League, not to mention juniors) and it does not take much to throw it out of kilter.

Yeah I heard that Unst put alot into the game, the sub that gave away the penalty certainly put a lot into the tackle I hear! got more of the man than the ball though was the assesment by the neutral at the game. I doot the Unst manager will hae to educate the lad in his timing of tackles :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shetland Football Association

AGM

Thursday the 3rd of December

6.30pm at Isleburgh Community Centre

AGENDA

1. Apologies

2. Minutes of November 2008 AGM

3. Presidents welcome and report

4. Treasurers report

5. Election of Office bearers

President

Vice-President

Secretary

Treasurer

Discipline and Registration Secretary

Fixture Secretaries x 2

Independent members x 4

6. A.O.C.B

Some of the commitee appointments carry an honorarium.

Items for the agenda and nominations for an office bearers role are to be submitted to the Secretary, Mark Goodhand, Springburn, Gott or by email to markgoodhand@msn.com by the 19th of November

Shetland Football Association

AGM

Thursday the 3rd of December

6.30pm at Isleburgh Community Centre

AGENDA

1. Apologies

2. Minutes of November 2008 AGM

3. Presidents welcome and report

4. Treasurers report

5. Election of Office bearers

President

Vice-President

Secretary

Treasurer

Discipline and Registration Secretary

Fixture Secretaries x 2

Independent members x 4

6. A.O.C.B

Some of the commitee appointments carry an honorarium.

Items for the agenda and nominations for an office bearers role are to be submitted to the Secretary, Mark Goodhand, Springburn, Gott or by email to markgoodhand@msn.com by the 19th of November

Aparently and ironically, John Johnston put forward a motion at the 1995 A.G.M. that the managers position should be voted on a 2 year basis from one Inter-Island games to the next as the players did not want the possibility of change half way through games preparation. Therefore the job is up for grabs at this years A.G.M. Derek also points out that Colin Summers also put forward an amendment at the same meeting that no Shetland manager can manage a club at the same time. As Derek was the Spurs manager he was forced to give one up. Both these guys are aware of this and believe that John Jamieson should never have been appointed without a motion to change the rules.

I asked a while back the following questions.

The county manager 2 year appointment and stipulations were voted on and agreed at the November a.g.m. of 1995.

1. When was it changed?

2. Who proposed change?

I have not been at any a.g.m.s since 1999 - so I cannot comment on proposals since. It will be in the a.g.m. minutes.

The current constitution does not have any of the rules quoted by either Muckletrow or Kirsty, it is currently up for review and an ammended document has been submitted to the Association secretary to be sent out to the Committee and member clubs for their perusal and comments at the November general meeting.

Is what muckletrow and kirsty say on the agenda ?