Apple Mac vs PC

peeriebryan

Who's the daddy  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the daddy

• Mac
    • PC

^^ lol true.

@AT . You can run Windows directx games through Cedega. There's a few nuances with your games - but for the majority you can play as if you're on a Windows system. Admitedly you're not native *nix - but hey .. best of both worlds ;)

I might have to give that a look.

Also, my computer curse has just struck again. Every time I say that my computer has been running fine, something goes wrong. This time it was my keyboard. I went to make this reply and the 'board was totally unresponsive, nothing. I re-booted but still nothing. A total switch-off including at the plug and it is working again but this is a definite sign of impending total failure I think. It is about 10 years old so I've had a good run from it. A pity, it's the best keyboard I've ever used and they don't make them any more (Trust Natural Keyboard - RIP - A faithful servant).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought i'd share a bit of Mac defamation with you PC heads, buried in this techy thread where it will soon be lost. :wink:

Latest releases of iTunes come with the aptly named Genius function.

I say aptly for the reason that i hadn't realised that Americans had such a robust and confident usage of sarcasm.

What it is supposed to do is assess what you are listening to and suggest similar artists and tunes for your perusal, "Great!" Thought i when i read the description."It's a part replacement for my beloved Pandora!"

So, whilst listening to a lightsome Killing Joke favourite of mine i hit the Genius button, to be offered out of ten tracks: #1 a Madonna track, #4Robbie Williams, #6Madonna and #9Robbie Williams.

Now i'm no musical expert, but i think i'm not alone in taking offence at the very thought that listening to Killing Joe would make me want Robbie Williams, in any shape or form. Well, maybe some sick, illegal and damaging form, but not the kind of 'want' that you'd expect from your favourite MP3 player.

They say it's 'learning all the time' and peoples input will help to narrow it's offerings in response to tracks.

Well, my input would have been very swift and clear had they let me voice it.

Keep trying iTunes development Geniuses, it's a great intention, just not quite there yet, thanks. :roll:

/edit mind you, "Angels" is quite catchy........

Aye, but you'll only be able to wear iShoes on them :wink:

Companies willing to pay for a license to make iShoes will not be allowed to talk about them until they've been approved for sale by Apple who subsequently take a share of each sale. New iShoes will only be approved so long as they don't improve or compete with original iShoes made by Apple. Anyones iShoes which are rejected on these grounds will not be allowed to tell anybody.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's time to get under the kitchen table and put a paper bag over yer head if you want to remain safe folks:

The Royal Navy and BAE Systems plc were pleased as punch yesterday to announce that their implementation of Windows for Submarinesâ„¢ is complete ahead of schedule. Windows boxes on Ethernet LANs are now in control of the UK's nuclear-propelled and nuclear-armed warship fleet...

...The use of commercial-off-the-shelf technology is expected to save the taxpayer as much as £22m in support costs over the next ten years - a bit more than £2m a year, or about a thousandth off Trident's running costs...

...the RN will use similar equipment to handle its new Type 45 destroyers in combat, and versions of SMCS-NG will also lie at the core of the upcoming Astute-class subs...

Article in full.

So that's Windows running on: servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, fancy-pants tables, cars and on nuclear fricken subs :?

Now we have an error prone and insecure OS capable of bring about a nuclear apocalypse, what's next... time travelling killer cyborgs demanding your boots, clothes and motorcycle? Skynet is born!