Seal Slaughter

nederlander

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimbo: Boys, looky there. That there's a Rocky Moutain black bear …one of the few remaining of its kind. Isn't it beautiful… By God, it's coming right for us! [shoots it. It is hit and flips off the mound it was on.]

Stan: Hey, it wasn't coming right for us. It was just sitting there.

Jimbo: Shhh, not so loud. Now that there's just a technicality.

Kyle: What do yo mean?

Jimbo: You see boys, the Democrats have passed a lot of laws trying to stop us from hunting.

Cartman: Democrats piss me off!

Jimbo: They say we can't shoot certain animals anymore, unless they're posing an immediate threat. Therefore, before we shoot somethin', we have to say 'It's coming right for us.'

so true they could have all shot themselves. as seals are one of the reasons that folks come up here. maybe just a possability the guy and the fish farmers come up with a non leathal method of protecting their fish. just as well the sea eagles have not made it back up here i guess they would not last very long

Ther is no excuse for the slaughter of seals, pups in particular.

Although I can sympathise to some extent when nets are damaged they are not cheap to replace or repair I can see no reason to destroy these beautiful creatures surely in this day and age there is some kind of repellent for the protection of the fish. Seals aren't like foxes which kill indiscriminently, they kill to eat.

Hands off !!!!! :twisted:

they were here first. would you slaughter everything that was a threat to industral farming. you will also need to kill off the otters,killer whales and anyother threat. when the seals have gone the killer whales will need some nosh. think of the size of holes in the nets then.

they were here first.

You'll have to be careful with that argument. It tends to be heard most often from petulant kids in the playground, the BNP or your "beloved" anti-soothmoother faction ;-). Presumably you do not also apply it to humans?

The grey seal population is going up.

Wonder how they caught the guy? As must be hard to prove if someone did not see him. Usually people who have been caught have been able to argue that they were attacking nets etc, but cant in this case as its pups.

I dont think the guy should have been doing it but allways think its funny that people jump to their defence as they are cute animals as if they were somthing like snakes etc people wouldnt care half as much.

^^ Exactly. Sheep, Cattle and Chickens are being slaughtered by the hundred every second.

The one that really gets me is fish. Imagine entertainment shows where people stuck big (relative) hooks through monkeys cheeks, dragged them along a couple of hundred feet, then held them underwater for a minute or two while they discuss their features before letting them run away "unharmed"..

/rant