Pig flu and Shetland

paulb

yup. serious breathing difficulties and heart problems. but this is only for those who have been very sick. those who are just grotty tend to get well by themselves there is also an increase in chest infections which may need antibiotics to ward off secondary infections but again these are only the very grotty ones.

in general its not a bad bug but if your unlucky then its very quick acting and needs urgent treatment. if worried speak to your doctor they are up to date with the info. if your worried about the vaccine ask for the other one this is free from the additive.

I went to see my doc after a week of being ill because although the fever had gone down i was left really wheezy , she said chest infection and gave me antibiotics but still feeling rubbish...she said it most likely is H1N1 because of the way it presents itself one second youre healthy and the next 'ill' its a very quick hit. I was working on the pc and felt fine , i swallowed and my throat hurt, from that point onward was grim...BUT just to say I have had worse!

An interesting site to read up on the shot on is www.theflucase.com, there are certainly some strange things going on with this , have you guys read about whats happening in the Ukraine , Marshal Law etc?

Interesting to know by the way that the WHO have been granted emergancy powers which allows then control over the military/gov and so on in the case of a full blown pandemic.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would not say that the main jab is toxic. but if your have any problems with eggs or latex then you need to get the baxters one. in fact the baxter one sounds a lot better no mercury no additive not grown in egg and not bunged with a rubber stopper.

there is no chance of catching the bug from the injection but expect to feel grotty for a few days and your arm will be very painful for a while. oh and you will need to wait for the alternative until December.

My partner went in to the health centre to get the swine flu jab the other day and requested that he be given the squalene-free one (at my insistence) and he was told that it only has a shelf life of a few hours and so they need at least ten people to come in during that period who also want it in order to give it to him. So he left without getting any jab and was told to think about it and come back later with his decision. Just letting folk know that you can't just ask for it and get it on the spot.

for some reason they are done in bottles of ten doses. so yes they would need more people but as they should have clinics then they should be able to sort it. don't be bullied into taking the one that your unsure of. even if they have to throw the other 9 doses away they will just have to. and yes it has a very sort life when its mixed. most vaccines are done in single dose bottles or pre loaded syringes. must have been the rush.

the wife tells me the baxter additive free one is in single dose bottles and is not in shetland yet (this is the one for people who are allergic to egg and latex). so it sounds like they were planning to give him the normal one. you may need to watch that.

the baxter one needs two injections 3 weeks apart so if your OH has any healthproblems think about the risks. very little chance of the vaccine causing any harm apart from minor snottyness and pain in the arm. a good guide is if he has had the flu vaccine in the past he should be fine. if he reacts badly then he needs to make his mind up. the people who have been in hospital up here were very ill but they have recovered.

there are three types some contain mercury so they may also contain other things. if your that bothered then ask about the make up before hand. have a look at the cdc website about seasonal flu. but he has had it before with no harm so he should be fine. try not to worry. but even after he has had it he still needs to avoid contact with infected people as much as possible. they are about 70-80% effective.

http://www.cdc.gov/Flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

Guest Anonymous

Apparently their's a new flu threatening to decimate the Shetland population.

V1No1 is a new strain of an age old virus which almost annihilated the Shetland residents about 1100 years ago.

The virus was first discovered in Norway, hence the V1 (Viking One) prefix to the virus name.

Symptoms at that time were:

Longboats on the horizon.

Picts having involuntary bowel movements.

If this virus has mutated as expected, then symptoms today are:

Shetland fish farms under Norwegian ownership.

A longboat on the beach at Haroldswick.

The population of Shetland having involuntary bowel movements every time the SIC fails to make a decission.

Dave Clark becoming Chief Executive.

I don't want to cause panic, this virus may be nothing other than an internet/media wonder. But if you have observed any of the symptoms I have suggested.

You've definitely got the internet panic flu. :wink:

How do they judge the long term effects that may only surface years in the future? and why if there is such little risk, were the companies making the swine flu vaccine given immunity from any prosecution if anything goes Pete Tong.

Sometimes even one hit of these things can prove something of a setback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mScGC7nFDxM&feature=player_embedded

KOYAANISQATSI

I'm not sure but if your injured by a vaccine there is a government payment. the companies would only be liable if they messed up. the side effects of the flu jab are known. there are always unlucky people who react worse than others. if you have had the normal flu vaccine before then you should be fine. remember the long term damage from a very bad case of flu/swine flu can be bad as well.

Auld Rasmie i don't think i am trying to scare anyone. if you need the jab then you should get it. being scared of having it by rumour is dangerous.

lots of the nurses were not going to have it because an expert warned them it was not safe. when they got the first case in that expert was the first to have it. so most of the nurses have had or will have it. but in the end its up to every one to make there mind up.

I have had my bacon jab. I now feel the need to get in-between a new crisp roll and cover myself with tomato sauce

And when I had the hen flu jab. I had the urge to perch in trees on the way home

Than god it was hens birds, and not the cock birds of the species. Who had the flu.

I shudder to thing what :?:

If it had been cock flu. It's not where any male wants any sort of jab to.

• 2 months later...

Trout rives and shoves the long end of his crowbar under the wooden boardings to a resounding *craaaaack craaack splinter* as he manages to force his way into the room.

Peering into darkness and shaking the torch - its bright candescent light sprays across the back wall illuminating the room. A table and dresser appear to be lying on their side, paper strewn everywhere, half eaten meals and broken plates scattered across the floor....

... "What the?" trout muffles, his eyes widening at a snapshot scene of panic and destruction! "Hello .. can you hear me?"

Stepping over the remaining boardings blocking the door from the inside, trout makes his way slowy into the room. Eerie shadows dance across the floor and ceiling.

Passing by the upturned furniture he ponders on "What could ...?" ... suddenly "NO" bellows from an ajoining room "Noo no NO... leave" .. trout swings round to where the noise eminates. It appears to come from behind a couch. A couch placed precariously on its end and against the wall?

Nearing the wall its evident from the torch light the couch covers a door. "Leave .. " a stunted voice begs.

"Its okay", trout replies pushing over the couch to reveal the door. "Its okay .. you can come out!". Opening the door slowly trout shines his torch in to a shape scurrying into the corner of the room. It turns - eyes light up in the glow of the torch. Trout can hear a whimper.

"Hey paulb! It's me. Trout." Extending his hand "You can come out now! The pig flu .. man ... it's okay".

:wink: :P

thanks trout. the three folks that have been airlifted to Aberdeen whilst ventilated with swine flu did not think it was funny.

yes it was milder than forecast but who is to say that the next one will be. if the government and most of the worlds health bodies had just not bothered then hey i bet you would have been moaning. my figures were wrong but they were in line with the forecasted numbers.

and funnily i have been house bound for most of the last two months. due to a bug in the hand. so Paul extends his hand and it falls off in trouts fin.

(health note always wear gloves when gutting turkeys and chickens)

the bug is still active by the way and is still putting people into hospital.

noodeyn its up to you to work out whats best for you kids. two of mine and the wife have had the jab. wife and oldest because they are in the health care sector and the youngest because she has asthma. speak to your doctor if your bothered.