Pig flu and Shetland

paulb

according to SHB there are no cases of swine flu here so some one on here has got the wrong end of the stick.

it is confirmed as much as it will be.

if you want to have a look at a random selection of local papers from all over you will see its much more widespead than you think. im from lancashire and all the local councils are reporting it in there schools. in parts of the uk its at nearly 4 times the level to class it as an epidemic.

i really am not to bothered wether you believe it or not. but please follow the warnings and if you have any vunrable people in your family watch out for them. it would be wise to get some hand scrub in. i will now shut up on this subject.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'm off on me travels again tomorow and I am not in the slightest bit worried, to be honest I am more worried about missing a few days fine weather while I am away.

Well sheepshagger. Just in the likely event of you, cough your guts up and pop your clogs. Where can any of the Shetlinkers? send there wreaths to should they fell like doing a good deed for the day

Maybe wrong with this, but if there is cases of Swine Flu confirmed by doctors or advised it might be swine flu by NHS Scotland or NHS 24, don't they have to make the information public (obviously not who it is, but the fact hes treated one) I for one haven't heard anything in local media, just gossip on the grapevine...

Well, 6 folk at work have gone sick, the policy is to follow government guidlines.

And you cannot refuse to work with folk who have it in their household but not showing signs of the virus themselves.

So my policy is not to sit in the t room in the morning and afternoon, there are 40+ men chattin in a room with no open windows.

So, I sit in my van..

Have to be careful for my partner...

i might be wrong but i was under the impression you picked it up from coughs and sneezes..so if no one is actually coughing or sneezing in the room and you keep a bottle of that handwash on you to be on the safe side ..i think you should be ok

There are some coughs and sneezes, a few have hay fever, some are just a little bit lax, on guy actuall used to spit where he was working and blowing out his nose...

Tis best to be on the side of caution, my partner has diabeties and some other issues so best to stay out....

Thanx for your post...

Figures released yesterday showed rates for GP consultations for flu-like illnesses were highest in Tayside, at around 75 per 100,000 of the population, followed by Shetland at 60 and Grampian at 40. Highland had 25 and Forth Valley 30.

the above is an extract from the article below

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1311968?UserKey=

seemingly we have a lot mor of it than we have been led to belive , im wondering why we havent had an aoouncement then because people arent aware and because of that they arent taking the correct meassures to protect themselves or others..

http://news.scotsman.com/health/WHO-39It39s-pointless-to-count.5468742.jp

and here..apparently we are the second highest rate :shock:

Q: Which areas in Scotland are seeing the most cases of swine flu?

A: The rate of GP consultation for flu-like illness per 100,000 population in Scottish NHS boards is as follows, in descending order: Fife and Tayside, 75; Shetland, 60; Grampian, 40; Forth Valley, 30; Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Highland and Lanarkshire, 25; Lothian, 20; Ayrshire and Arran, Borders, Dumfries and Galloway, all less than ten. There is no data yet for NHS Orkney or NHS Western Isles.

i dont know where you got 12 from is that what the percent works out as you mean? maths never been my strong point lol

...anyway confirmed cases dosnt mean anything now they are no longer lab testing individuals because there are too many i think