Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I meet big Dave in Edinburgh I'll buy him a pint. He's done so much to put Shetland on the map. Stick it to them big boy! :wink: :wink:

I believe while he is on holiday, his tipple is Champagne or Malt Whisky - or both.

Stick it to them big boy!

Stick it to who? :mrgreen:

*yawn*

yawn .. nway .. NO WAY

Big Dave stays near the top of the list until he goes. :mrgreen:

Maybe time to lock the thread until something either new or significant happens, then, if it is just going to be abused in the meantime.

Damn, I broke my own rule and fed a troll!

You're suggestion noted - and hopefully binned.

See today's signature

Noting your Registration Date is 13th September, 2009 and that you have previously mentioned more than once, that you're currently domiciled on the Mainland, but that you hope to come here one day, it occurs to me it might be - Dad?

Just a mad thought!

Well, you and spinner72 certainly support Dave :mrgreen:

daft question as we are now paying the councillors a wage may be they should concentrate on there duties. how many have main jobs as well as council ones. it is clear that mps can't have second jobs and run themselves so can we expect these local worthies to do better.

how about if the council had a mayor or provost or whatever and they made the exec decisions. we could pay them say 50k and get rid of two senior posts saving us about 100,000 a year. plus if they were rubbish we just vote them out with no redundancy or employment problems.

If all the posts except stirrers were removed a good factual account of the position would be left. Clark went at this like a bull in a china shop. He showed no understanding of statutory redundancy procedures or local government policies. In fact, his actions were more what you would expect from the owner of a very small business. So much for his much vaunted experience!

It's now up to the Council to get it right. They should apologise to Shannon, make the post of Assistant Chief Exec redundant, offer the new post to Shannon as alternative employment and give him 14 days to accept. If he doesn't, pay him redundancy and notice and that will be the end of it. I think Riise should be the automatic choice to stand in for the Chief Exec in his absence and if he is not available it should be one of the service directors as nominated by the chief exec.

I also feel that the chief exec. should be disciplined for acting outwith the authority of the Council and causing this costly mess.

If all the posts except stirrers were removed a good factual account of the position would be left. Clark went at this like a bull in a china shop. He showed no understanding of statutory redundancy procedures or local government policies. In fact, his actions were more what you would expect from the owner of a very small business. So much for his much vaunted experience!

It's now up to the Council to get it right. They should apologise to Shannon, make the post of Assistant Chief Exec redundant, offer the new post to Shannon as alternative employment and give him 14 days to accept. If he doesn't, pay him redundancy and notice and that will be the end of it. I think Riise should be the automatic choice to stand in for the Chief Exec in his absence and if he is not available it should be one of the service directors as nominated by the chief exec.

I also feel that the chief exec. should be disciplined for acting outwith the authority of the Council and causing this costly mess.

Well said Sheona :) :)

Is this really all it comes down to. "You wrote mean things about my Daddy". :roll:

He also pleads the need to defend himself against accusations made by Mr Clark during the hearing that he had “peddled falsehoods for monetary gain†in a book he published in 1991 about Shetland’s experience with the oil industry in the 1970s.

In the book Dr Wills refers to Mr Clark’s father Ian Clark, who was Shetland Islands Council’s first chief executive and negotiated the deal with the oil industry, which has given the council the means to provide probably the best public services in the country

http://www.shetland-news.co.uk/2009/November/news/Wills%20claims%20complainants%20had%20no%20authority.htm

You really could not make up crap like this. http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq330/Redneck_Hillbilly0504/YawnAnimated.gif