Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

In contrast, Mr Clark seems to be concentrating on getting on with his job and resisting the temptation to become mired in arguments which will never be productive.

Maybe "trying to start to do his job properly" would be a fairer description, given that everything he's touched so far that has come to the public's attention, he's made a pig's ear of.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he has maintained a professional attitude throughout all the processes which have been gone through so far, and so far seems committed to continuing to do so, which is my point.

Whereas others have singularly failed to demonstrate a professional attitude at all.

This is the true core of the matter, and as such only time will tell how Mr Clark performs, however the lack of professionalism by some members is continuing on an almost daily basis. I'll leave it for someone else to bring up the blatant disregard for both council policy and the councillors code of conduct broadcast on Radio Shetland this week.

It really is quite worrying when you consider the same people are (possibly) going to be involved in some of the biggest decisions affecting Shetlands future in decades.

Edit (I take too long to write my posts sometimes!) -

But he has maintained a professional attitude throughout all the processes which have been gone through so far,

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Not in my opinion

Would you care to point out where he has acted unprofesionally?

But he has maintained a professional attitude throughout all the processes which have been gone through so far,

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Not in my opinion

1) Making that phone call. Regardless of what may or may not have been said, as I've said before, the simple act of conducting council related business from a public restaurant, while with company and with the potential for eavesdropping staff and other patrons, is very questionable behaviour.

2) Sacking/demoting/whatever you want to call it, with Shannon. To present it to Shannon, apparently relying on the nod of a few senior elected members, but apparently without first checking that the proposals had all i's dotted and t's crossed and was watertight legally, is IMHO not only unprofessional, it smacks of ineptitude or incompetence.

3) Granting himself an afternoon off, just so that he could go on the piss in his office, especially when his office forms part of a premises within which it is forbidden that SIC employees consume alcohol.

I could continue.

I do wonder what planet you live on sometimes Spinner or maybe the hint is in your name.

I'm right here on planet earth looking at the facts of recent happenings, unlike at least a few it seems :D

1) Making that phone call. Regardless of what may or may not have been said, as I've said before, the simple act of conducting council related business from a public restaurant, while with company and with the potential for eavesdropping staff and other patrons, is very questionable behaviour.

I have never heard it suggested that it was anything other than a personal call, and of course people are entitled to call each other whenever they want. If you look at the facts, we have one person accusing the other, and the accused acting entirely professionally and complying with everything asked of them.

2) Sacking/demoting/whatever you want to call it, with Shannon. To present it to Shannon, apparently relying on the nod of a few senior elected members, but apparently without first checking that the proposals had all i's dotted and t's crossed and was watertight legally, is IMHO not only unprofessional, it smacks of ineptitude or incompetence.

As we know, Clark has admitted he made a mistake (again we know he consulted with senior officials, how do we know he was not told in no uncertain terms to go ahead - after all he was the newbie) and the facts are that he has complied with all necessary procedure since then.

3) Granting himself an afternoon off, just so that he could go on the piss in his office, especially when his office forms part of a premises within which it is forbidden that SIC employees consume alcohol.

Again, he was wrong, and admitted so, and the matter was consequentially dealt with. A disciplinary matter within the workplace, nothing more or less.

See, when you strip away the tabliod style ranting of a select few and actually pay attention to the facts, only the Shannon issue remains which is currently hand, and the matter of the fee for the AHS report which many will no doubt try to attribute to him despite all common sense and practice. :roll:

Yes, he rushed in like a bull in a china shop, but if he hadn't, I suspect the same lynchmob who are critical now would probably be here soon moaning that he had done nothing. So far he hasn't played a part in millions of pounds worth of questionable investments like his predecessor so lets see what happens..

Sure, he could go on to do so and for that matter his next decision may have me posting here with the opinion he should begone immeditely, but for now, lets see.

Then of course you have no choice but to notice the abysmal behaviour of a few members highlighted recently, and, well, thats all there in black and white (or audio, if you wanna be picky :) ) and really is a topic for another thread altogether.

Maybe he was showing off to what few mates he has