Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

Interesting reading comments, be they 'pro', 'anti' or indeed 'neutral' towards Dave Clark. The increasingly common thread is the acceptance the entire council chamber is in a state of paralysis, and needs replaced.

Retaining the present members is akin to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. They are incapable of making a decision, other than draughting in outside consultants at hiddeous expense to us all. Even then they are perplexed being offered a typical consultant conclusion: three options to decide on!

I suspect Mr Clark may well go, and be recompensed from our pockets, as a result of cleeky, narrow minded, ineffectual egotistical councillors. Evidentally Mr Clark misjudged the 'new broom sweeps clean' analogy. Just too much sharn at the toon hall for one brush to effectively tackle.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an utter farce.

If this was the stuff of rumours and conjecture, it would be utterly embarrassing. Unfortunately, everything that has been reported here appears to be true and all of it lies firmly at the feet of the SIC elected and executive leadership.

Whilst spinner and mainlander appear to see no wrong in the actions of their illustrious and inspirational leader, I would suggest that they are in a minority compared to the average Shetlander.

I have never said anything of the kind, indeed if you read my previous post you will see that very clearly. I have just tried to keep the debate here in line with the facts and clear of the unproven allegations and local rumour.

That doesn't mean the allegations will not prove to be true, nor that the local gossip is not accurate, just that both are irrelevant at this time.

This is in contrast to the very public and therefore irrefutable behaviour of some councillors, who are now ultimately responsible for the position "we" are in.

The fallout from the upcoing meeting on the 9th will be interesting to say the least. I remember being at a public presentation in the town hall by Morgan Goodlad shortly after he took the position, where he gave a rough outline and general assurances regarding his restructuring and streamlining of the council.

Thats was pretty much the last that was heard of it. Will we see the same thing again?

Perhaps the difference is that this time we have a few councillors who also want to see change, unfortunately they are by and large the same ones who have a gripe agains the CE.

Lets hope for just a few hours all concerned can be professional and remember why they are all there.

So. Anyone in the SIC have problems yesterday accessing certain portions of the Interwebical? 'A' certain site perchance :o ?!?! Been no issues this end anyroad .....

Not really sure why you have chosen to post this on this particular thread trout .:wink: Any explanation ?

But, I am told that the Shetlink cannot be accessed on SIC computers as of yesterday.

Frankie wrote

But, I am told that the Shetlink cannot be accessed on SIC computers as of yesterday.

Well that's an interesting thought. If the SIC has banned all internet use by staff then that is fair enough. If the SIC has limited staff access to a few "approved" sites then that is fair enough but if the SIC has banned the staff from visiting Shetlink from a work computer then that is really a form of censorship and should be drawn to the attention of the elected councillors as soon as possible. Perhaps also it should be drawn to the attention of some of the bodies that support freedom of speech.