Rosa Steppanova's Column

breeksy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Rosa's column was great, and I'm lost to find any reason for axing it.

Unless, perhaps. she writes so much better than the new editor.... (oops, been reading the chief exec thread,,,, same thoughts.. :twisted: )

:wink:

Guest Anonymous

There is always the online version. But, as Para Handy said, the paper version does have it's uses. :wink:

Our local weekly rag is £1.50, and although it is as full of 'news' as Andrex, it has very little sport. So worth it for the 'hatched, matched, and dispatched' column. :)

BTW. as AT said, it would be great if Shetland Life picked up Rosa's column. :D

Has anyone wondered what the staffers at the ST actually produce, given the amount of contributory columns that are popping up everywhere? Not to mention that all the sport columns. apart from Jim Taits, are actually contributed as well?

I would have thought they would be delighted to retain Rosa's column and saved themselves having to fill another page.

Slightly o/t but..

Someone suggested less sports coverage - how about even less sports photos. Some of our local sports celebs must be the most photographed in the UK if not the world. Some of the ladies hockey teams seem to have had their photo in every weeks Shetland Times for the last 15 years - I think we all know who they are know by now.. :wink: