Royal Mail

GypsyScy

I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems with post lately, everything seems to be taking forever to get here, I'm still waiting for 2 seperate things that were posted on the 7th of September! Plus, recently I posted a wee parcel to Ireland and it took 5 weeks to get there!!

Has there been any strikes in Shetland lately??

Is there a back log due to a strike down south??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were rolling one day strikes throughout England and southern Scotland last week, and unfortunately Royal Mail have a habit of clearing backlogs in reverse order than they were created.

In other words something mailed immediately the strike is over will come through like greased lightning as the system is emptier than usual from a combination of less mail going in and being somewhat clearer by those still working, but something that was mailed immediately the strike started will be the last to move again, probably because its on the floor of the warehouse with the rest of the backlog piled up on top of it. When they had strikes a couple of years back, the first posted after a strike commenced often took 7-10 days after the strike ended before it got delivered.

Strange the bills never seem to get delayed.... :evil:

I sent a parcel special delivery next day before 1pm on the 10/09/09 then when i got an email from the person that was ment to get it saying that they never got it till 14/09/09....

Wasnt sure what to say....

I called up the royal mail customer help line and they said that the item had been returned to the person who had sent it (which was me?) i had never seen it...then i went onto the net to track and trace...someone had signed for it...it turns out that they had returned it to the person that was ment to get it!

Tickets for a gig, now i have refunded the person who payed me and now i am £104.95 out of pocket...i paid for a service and didnt get it.

:shock: ^^

Is there no way of claiming back the value from the mail lot?? What a joke!!

I started getting proof of posting and recording all deliveries I sent as a lot of stuff seemed to dissappear on the way!

Yeah i can claim 10 days after delivery date for special delivery, which i intend to do. Expected a bit more from special delivery since i paid that bit more....