Councillor Conduct

Spinner72

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its quite obvious what Spinner is on about, and he isnt wittering.

No it isn't and, in my opinion, he was writing with little clarity viz wittering.

He's on about the blatant opportunism and spin being used by Mr Willis.

And, I'm afraid, your contribution has done little to clarify anything.

... if any counsellors have had public funds they should disclose them as a matter of public intrest.

The level to which councillors declare their interests is highly variable. Most are quite brief and provide vague hand-waving with no numbers. Jonathan is an exception, he lists everything anyone could conceivably be interested in, and more besides.

The information is available here. Pick a councillor, then click on the Register of Interests link:

http://www.shetland.gov.uk/coins/allMembers.asp?sort=0

BTW counsellors and councillors are completely different things.

Its quite obvious what Spinner is on about, and he isnt wittering.

No it isn't and, in my opinion, he was writing with little clarity viz wittering.

I still haven't got a clue what Spinner is on about either. Initially I couldn't even tell whether he was in favour or against the reported happening. As clear as mud.

• 1 month later...

We can discuss/rant about the root cause here, but sadly I suspect little will be happen in the way of change before the next election, by which time a nice "yes man/woman" will have to top spot and things between the leadership and the elected members will be nice and secretive again.

• 4 weeks later...

Council Elections (New Thread), but 'Mod Edit' pulled the plug immediately.

I believe this was an illegitimate edit on a legitimate comment, but that's only my opinion.

So whereabouts is the thread that could have been used?

This was not about Dave Clark, but it was about Council Elections. :o

[***Mod edit - Post merged with existing relevant thread. Please use the forum search function or contact a moderator for assistance if required***]

icepick239 wrote

I believe this was an illegitimate edit on a legitimate comment, but that's only my opinion.
I do not doubt that somewhere in the terms and conditions you have agreed that the mods decision is final. You do have an option to publish your opinions unedited and that is to set up your own forum. Otherwise you just have to accept edits as they are made. That's life.

Have just woken up from the afternoon sleep, to see on the TV that Lord Ashcroft and theose damned Tories are still mired in deep coopats.

Got me wondering though, if any of our 22 are NON-DOMS? :wink:

That's an interesting thought!. Personally I would have thought it would be right and proper for a councillor moving away from Shetland to resign even though the law may not require them to do so.

icepick239 wrote
I do not doubt that somewhere in the terms and conditions you have agreed that the mods decision is final. You do have an option to publish your opinions unedited and that is to set up your own forum. Otherwise you just have to accept edits as they are made. That's life.

Oh, I accept it alright and as you say 'that's life'.

I get MOD hammered from time to time and I think, jeez I could be back at school.

I haven't managed a RED MOD yet as that is usually the domain of a couple of the most Infamous Posters. (no money for guessing who), but I'll keep working hard. :wink: