Great Drummers?

JAStewart

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topper Headon was a tremendous drummer before Mr Brown interfered with his life.

Absolutely drew, Topper Headon was great.

Can't agree on "Give 'Em....." being the best album though.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to follow the crowd and go for "London Calling".

• 3 weeks later...

I know some great drummer jokes, does that count? :D

What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?

A drummer.

How do you know when a drummer is knocking at your door?

The knock slows down.

What's the difference between a drum machine and a drummer?

You only have to punch the information into the drum machine once.

How do you know if a drummer is sat on an level drum riser?

He drools out of both sides of his mouth.

A drummer, tired of being ridiculed by his peers, decides to learn how to play some "real" musical instruments. He goes to a music store, walks in, approaches the store clerk, and says "I'll take that red saxophone over there and that white accordion."

The store clerk looks at him a bit funny, and replies "You're a drummer, aren't you?"

"Yes," the drummer replies, "So can I have my new instruments or what?"

The clerk thinks for a moment, before saying "OK, you can have the fire extinguisher but the radiator's got to stay".

--

Oh, and straight off the top of my head, on the heavier side of things I vote Raymond Herrera (Fear Factory), Igor Cavalera (ex-Sepultura, just), Dave McClain (Machine Head), and Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters).

^ :lol: :lol: :lol:^

Might i add that the Grohl-man also guest drummed on Killing jokes last album :wink:

He's been cropping up all over the place recently. He drummed for Quenns of the Stone Age on "Songs for the Deaf" a wee while back, and did a track on the new Nine Inch Nails album too.

I remember when Songs for the Deaf came out, a listening party was arranged in a rock club called Spiders in Hull, which I used to frequent with my ex-girlfriend, who was at Uni there. They were forced to issue a public apology after a minibus full of deaf people accidentally turned up.

I remember when Songs for the Deaf came out, a listening party was arranged in a rock club called Spiders in Hull, which I used to frequent with my ex-girlfriend, who was at Uni there. They were forced to issue a public apology after a minibus full of deaf people accidentally turned up.

I ken dat shouldna be funny but.....whit can i say....ok, i ken...I'm sorry i find it funny.Hope that covers my politically correct derriere. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...