peeriebryan

Where should the North Boat dock?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the North Boat dock?

• Aberdeen
    • Rosyth
    • Peterhead
    • Barbados

On another note - Islanders keep complaining that there isnt enough cabins!! Protect your own interests and BOOK EARLY! You can book almost a year before - so if there is no cabin available - who's problem is it?

That's fine if you ken your going away holiday etc. but not so fine if you have to book at the last minute to visit hosptial, go to funeral etc and cant' afford the plane. However I do agree booking early is the best thing to do.

Guest willz320

EDIT

Just about cried when I checked how much it was going to be to take the car up for a week in April, £400.40 return. And my mother wonders why I don't come home

How do you get that price if you dont mind me asking?

just to add to this last friday night i went down on the boat as a foot passenger and came back up on saturday night as a foot passenger with a car and the whole trip only cost me £70.30 that was with islander discount and student discount, much cheaper then the £166 i was quoted for a northlink employee to drive it on in aberdeen and off again in lerwick :shock:

Whilst trying to get prices for me and hubby to go away on holiday in May I went online to Northlink and Flybe. Leaving on 13th May and back on 27th May.

Northlink

£28.10 each way £56.20 return x 2 = £112.40 passage only

£80.30 a cabin each way x 2 = £160.60

Grand total is £273.00

Obviously that is not including food and onward travel.

Flybe to Glasgow

£33.60 each to Glasgow plus £27.20 tax = £94.00

£69.60 each from Glasgow plus £36.40 tax = £175.60

Grand total is £270.00

If my arithmetic is right I think we'll be flying, be there in an hour if the flight goes and have £3 to spare! Who's for a coke then :lol:

EDIT

Just about cried when I checked how much it was going to be to take the car up for a week in April, £400.40 return. And my mother wonders why I don't come home

How do you get that price if you dont mind me asking?

The website quoted it, a cabin both ways and the car both ways. Which was a bit annoying as it didn't add up to what the fares section of the site did.

Guest willz320

The website quoted it, a cabin both ways and the car both ways. Which was a bit annoying as it didn't add up to what the fares section of the site did.

That price would be for two islanders, an islander car and a cabin? Try going green and leaving your car - bringing your return price to £239.28

The prices on the website are standard rates for non-islanders, so the prices wont be the same if you are an islander!

Guest willz320

well i work full time but go to college two nights a week and have a student card so i suppose i am technically a student :lol:

Technically, you must be a full-time student to recieve any discount, but as long as you have a Student card you get it!

That price would be for two islanders, an islander car and a cabin? Try going green and leaving your car - bringing your return price to £239.28

The prices on the website are standard rates for non-islanders, so the prices wont be the same if you are an islander!

Nope that price was for a one non islander with a cabin and the car. Since my family is scattered between Walls, Voe and the ness having no car isn't really an option.

Although born in Shetland, all my family live in Shetland I don't qualify for the islander rates on the plane or the boat because my permanent address is Aberdeen or are they just saying that so they don't have to give me a discount?.

Guest willz320

In that case, what website were you on?? I cannot get the price you quoted. I think you must have gotten it wrong to be honest.

If you are travelling back in April?, then register for Family and Friends discount which should be back again at some point in Spring. That will get you the price I quoted you earlier.

If you need to take your car, then consider downgrading your cabin to a share. Again this will save you roughly £100 depending on which option you choose.