Julian Assange and WikiLeaks

Mattie

You can tell that it is doing good already by the way the propaganda machine has started to gear up, you can see how it will be played out, stands out so much.

The thing is you could have guessed these sorts of document were written anyhow.

Typical that the Sun accused wikileaks of trying to discredit British troops when it was the Americans.

I too hope that some folk will cut the crap and be honest, then we could work along side folk tho I do also agree that there should not be full disclosure.

Democracy Now is a good source of info and news

Wikileaks has only really caught my attention this week. I mean, I've heard lots, but never visited the site or given it much thought before.

It's an incredible idea, when you get down to it. I love the metaphor that a 'conspiracy' (in the dictionary sense, rather than tin-foil hat stuff) operates like a piece of software (or super-intelligent mind :?), with individuals forming nodes (neurons) between which communication flows. Wikileaks attacks the communication pathways and forces the conspiracy to either spend more time on secrecy (thus reducing its effectiveness) or adopt a more open and honest attitude.

If it's survival of the fittest, then Wikileaks is an antibiotic to corruption and conspiracy as an effective means to running the world.

:shock:

/or something

• 3 weeks later...