Fly tipping

Malcolm

• 1 month later...

i come home about 6pm on most days the skips have been changed and the one at the end of the road is full before i get home, most of the time is is fencing wire or "trade waste" and in the summer i often see the grass cutting folk putting 20 to 30 bags of cuttings in them,

But yet that is no reason for the fly tipping !!

i come home about 6pm on most days the skips have been changed and the one at the end of the road is full before i get home, most of the time is is fencing wire or "trade waste" and in the summer i often see the grass cutting folk putting 20 to 30 bags of cuttings in them,

But yet that is no reason for the fly tipping !!

What a waste!. Grass could go for compost.

Ive seen it once in Porth S.Wales and again in N.Ireland where theres skips inside compound fences with gates and cctv and its open hours to suit. Fair enough its manned and fair enough theres initial set up costs but its user friendly in that the skips are de-mountable truck boxes which are walk in and emptied promptly ,plus theres no "business" use. Both had a recycling area at the side for folks better bruck. Perhaps one wast , one nort and one sooth ?

It would fill faster if i didnt use so much of it , tv , rugs , etc. Some of the Firth skips are house clearances. I sincerely wish Bobbie the best of luck and the greatest of support with the new Mossbank charity shop , hopefully ease the skip filling issues