Thank you posties!

jaydee67

Guest Auld Meerkat

Yes the posties went the extra mile for exam results. Unfortunately they always have to go the last miles to deliver the crap that is dumped in the Royal Mail system by by their competitors thanks to the regulator and politicians with their Downstream Access idea.

So guys, make the most of the good old Royal Mail before it is privatised, sold off to TNT or disembowled by our MP's. In the future things will be a lot worse and more expensive

Even Postman Pat is on a part time contract and has to work for Specsavers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not enough that there are people happy and grateful about something and just leave it be? There's no need to be telling folk that their happiness/appreciation isn't deserved or justified. Honestly... pick your battles! There are more worthy things to be moaning about!

Okay, I'll NEVER post on Shetlink AGAIN! Happy now Mod? I wasn't TELLING folk their happiness/appreciation wasn't deserved or justified! Pick your battles? Pardon me for breathing but I was under the (false) impression that Shetlink was where people were permitted to debate matters; I wasn't aware that Moderators were now dictating which "battles" were 'up for debate'.

It is obviously a CRIME to have an opinion!

This is a bit o an immature "toys out the pram " response, for someone who claims to want mature debate. Mind u there really wasn't anything to debate, someone expressing thanks to low paid posties . Why don't u post something worthy o debate

Is it not enough that there are people happy and grateful about something and just leave it be? There's no need to be telling folk that their happiness/appreciation isn't deserved or justified. Honestly... pick your battles! There are more worthy things to be moaning about!

Okay, I'll NEVER post on Shetlink AGAIN! Happy now Mod? I wasn't TELLING folk their happiness/appreciation wasn't deserved or justified! Pick your battles? Pardon me for breathing but I was under the (false) impression that Shetlink was where people were permitted to debate matters; I wasn't aware that Moderators were now dictating which "battles" were 'up for debate'.

It is obviously a CRIME to have an opinion!

This is a bit o an immature "toys out the pram " response, for someone who claims to want mature debate. Mind u there really wasn't anything to debate, someone expressing thanks to low paid posties . Why don't u post something worthy o debate

Yep, and for that I apologise. I also accept that jaydee didn't intend opening up a debate. Yep, bad day yesterday, felt dreadfully ill and obviously had one too many glasses of brandy on health grounds too many and again, apologise for that.

As for posting something worthy of debate, in answer to that I'm happy to thank peeps for a job well done and with hindsight think it was probably a case that the Royal Mail took on a contract to deliver exam results to all addresses within the UK by a set date. Ill or not, and at the risk of debate, I don't mind thanking peeps for working (I'll always thank people for serving me in a shop, for example) but no one, including the posties, commented as to whether or not the second delivery was overtime/outside normal duties. I did say that if I was wrong, I would apologise. Should we thank people all the time? Where do we draw the line? I'd like to thank you for getting out of bed today and being at work? Thank the teachers, the invigilators, the markers, the admin staff for ensuring the envelopes didn't jam in the machines and then the Royal Mail staff, plus anyone else involved?

Yes, it is always nice for people to show their appreciation and hell yes, Royal Mail staff have had management screw them over the years re working patterns, pensions, etc. Whilst one moderator said it was no one's business if it was overtime/done free of charge/outside normal duties (can't remember exact wording), and yes, I'm still full of cold and feeling ill so forgive me if I'm rambling and not being as eloquent as I would like to be, the point is this:-

Thank someone for doing a job, yes, show your appreciation, yes; but ...

... if someone is under a misapprehension (which could or could not be the case?) that the posties have 'gone the extra mile'/done extra hours/done extra duties when, in fact, they have done nothing extraordinary but have delivered the exam results within their normal shift time and give the impression to others may be of the opinion that they have, is that wrong?

So yes, I've committed the 'sin' of debating something (again) and again, I apologise if I have got the wrong end of the stick and the posties did indeed go the extra mile by doing extra unpaid duties (or forced overtime).

So apologies for adding that bit on, appreciate not really a debate thread but then the same could be said for many other threads on here that don't get started as a debate and then do.

I get thanked for doing my job, even if I have to do it under contract. It is about a nice sentiment, someone is happy with the service they have had and indirectly paid for. Appreciation.

We have had acknowledgement of that thanks.

Tis done.

ps. Get Well Soon unlinked. :wink: I hate being ill too, but as a man, it hurts me more. :lol: