Wonders Why

snow

Anyone know why a plumber would charge a pensioner £650.00 to fit her own sink back afer he had charged £3000.00 to fit a shower and not put the sink back. Persoally I think there is something badly wrong here.

Surely if he took it out in the first place the price he charged should include putting said sink back....

yes its true,the price is outrageous.My elderly,disabled Mother got ripped off.We thought it would be in the price but dont forget it was her old sink not a new one.He ought to be ashamed of himself.She is only got her old age pension and this has been a real shock .She will pay because the elderly do not like owing money to anyone.Iwould have challenged him about it.

I encountered this when a local builder was working at a regular client of ours, she sent us the invoice to get our opinion and we had a quiet word with the boy he then decided to charge what was fair. He basically doubled what it should have cost because the owner of the house was in her late 80's and not short of a bob or two.

Would say to any older folk if they're getting work done it's always worth getting a second quote to get a comparison or even ask a family member if possible to see what they think.

Just re-read your OP.

Did he just put in a new shower?

Can you tell us exactly what he did?

I'm thinking £3000 to fit a whole new bathroom wouldn't be far off the mark, but not for just fitting a shower where there hadn't been one before.

The bit about charging an extra £650 for re-fitting the sink is ridiculous though.

3 grand i would suggest that is a bit exaggerated! I have just had a shower fitted and its around the 2000 grand mark.There is lots of things to take in to account like the price of materials, the price of fuel, how many men, how long the men were there,was the company VAT registered,was any thing made for the shower especially for eg hand rails which i had made and no cost a bomb,what state the pipes underground were like and how much room there was to work underground it all costs.