Satellite debris?

Kephas4

Did anyone else see anything weird over Lerwick about 3 o'clock Sunday morning? Saw something burn up hellish bright, leaving a green trail behind it. Thought at first it was a firework, but no accompanying noise. Shot over from an easterly direction before flaring away. The green trail hung in the sky for a good 5-10 seconds before fading out and blending with other cloud - at least so far as the naked eye could see. Maybe just a meteorite, maybe part of the same satellite that came down over the weekend. Whatever, went to bed humming Jeff Wayne's 'Eve of the War' theme...

Did anyone else see anything weird over Lerwick about 3 o'clock Sunday morning? Saw something burn up hellish bright, leaving a green trail behind it. Thought at first it was a firework, but no accompanying noise. Shot over from an easterly direction before flaring away. The green trail hung in the sky for a good 5-10 seconds before fading out and blending with other cloud - at least so far as the naked eye could see. Maybe just a meteorite, maybe part of the same satellite that came down over the weekend. Whatever, went to bed humming Jeff Wayne's 'Eve of the War' theme...

Wow!! Not just me then.

Was walking home in the Maywick road marvelling at the wonders of the universe when there was a flash bright enough to make me look up and see where it had come from.

I'd say relative to the Pole Star it was at about 135 degrees from North and a distance of about 1/5 of the way to the horizon - the horizon from my perspective being several hills.

The time was 2:37 am BST and I also saw the remnants of a trail for a good dozen or so seconds.

Wow!! Not just me then.

Was walking home in the Maywick road marvelling at the wonders of the universe when there was a flash bright enough to make me look up and see where it had come from.

I'd say relative to the Pole Star it was at about 135 degrees from North and a distance of about 1/5 of the way to the horizon - the horizon from my perspective being several hills.

The time was 2:37 am BST and I also saw the remnants of a trail for a good dozen or so seconds.

Yup, perfect. All conspiracy theories need exact detail to achieve credibility. :wink:

Jesus, it's Rockwell all over again, but in 2011 now...

It doesn't take long does it? :roll:

I hear Mulder and Scully were seen in a dark corner of the Thule earlier da nicht too, deep in debate.... Might have been Bulder and Wullie in a fecht though, not sure I heard right.....

There may be more lighT shed on the issue soon though.

After a good few Kronnenburg 1664's in the T anybody raekin aroond between 2 and 3 in the morning should be very, very worried....what you could have seen is a 'Landing'

If you then see any 3ft high transparent peerie men, wi nae Pillaes, you should avert your eyes immediately and start chanting "My Captain, My Captain" - before starting to run like hell....

By the way Ghosty... I heard that Scully refused to leave the T and had to be forcefully ejected. :lol:

PS Scully has been found on a fishing boat and Mulder is off looking for "The Greenhead" :wink:

Latest update: The T is due to imminently change to a T, on account of the fugitive alien taking refuge in it.....Or maybe its just the leprechaun from the same owner's recently demolished premises claiming squatters rights. :wink: (Already named the 'Liquid Fairy'). :wink:

Or so the squatter on my sofa (unlinkedstudent) tells me anyway. Full story expected in Friday's "Times", or was it going to be between SIBC letting us know what Nort Boat came in on Friday morning and the night's temps in Torshavn during the 7.30am "News". Best believe, the info on Mulder and Scully (Bulder and Wullie??) came from the same ultra reliable source.

STOP PRESS. The rampant local rumour that the VE windfarm is a front for an alien communications centre, may, or may not be true. :wink:

STOP PRESS. The rampant local rumour that the VE windfarm is a front for an alien communications centre, may, or may not be true. :wink:

Better check if the peerie men go transparent between the hours of 2am-3am and that they hae nae Pillaes.... :lol:

By the way, did anybody see the Blue Police Box land in Cunningsburgh Last Saturday ?

I didn't, but then I wouldn't, but others might have... :wink:

The sign on the front door read... "I'll take you anywhere you wanna go"

• 3 weeks later...